Possiblility of Ebola Spreading

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by May102014, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

Well, I don't think it's smart to share needles in the first place, so i'd hope that it wouldn't take an ebola outbreak for people to say "Oh, better not share needles!" lol

There's no worry about this reaching the West. People have already outlined the reasons in the thread why it's so unlikely and i'll add that our disease control is probably the best in the world. I imagine they're already working on creating a vaccine for it and would be well-prepared if it did somehow appear in the U.S

2. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I think that the epidemic is contained, the vaccines are about to be released, so I am not expecting it to spread really.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I don't see Ebola as a serious threat to spread in the United States. We're taking the precautions necessary to stop that from having. In the event of an outback I feel like we have the resources available to put a stop to it in a pretty quick fashion. Hopefully it never comes to that though. A terrible disease. I wish there was better medical care in Africa so the people over there wouldn't have to suffer so horribly from Ebola and other viruses.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

That is gets people infected lol. I only want the needle injected in me and hope its clean. I do like the newer flu shots they are less painful and more safe which I am getting another one maybe this week or so.

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Smiling all the way to the bank i see hmmm :)....while the rest of the world is busy talking here and there about how this monster is wrecking lives!...wishing i was in the same band wagon as you are...am still at the cross roads :(

6. dianethare

On the possibility of the disease spreading, the Dallas Texas scenario is speaking in volumes, now that its hit USA what next? {scratching my head here}.

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

With all the mutations that the virus can suffer I really hope enough measures are taken, if it starts to be transmissible though the air we all will be in trouble.

8. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Is that a possibility? I haven't heard about that, that would indeed be scarily dangerous and we would see millions of deaths if that happened.

9. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that is possible indeed, but unlikely to happen. For virus to mutate something new in the climate has to happen, so I really can't tell.

10. dianethare

I'm thinking its already in the air, in this scenario, if someone[sick]is to sneeze on you and the said particles land on maybe the eye, nose or any part of the body that is sensitive and is a wet membrane...think, you've contracted the disease...right?