Potential Buy Level For Apple Stock

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by ParmMannTrader, Sep 3, 2014.

1. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

Where it is at its highest price ever or over $700 pre-split I don't think it is a good buy. There is not that much to be made even if it does to very well as a stock the chance that you will double your money in a reasonable time period is slim to none. It's effectively dead money at this point.

2. AlexF15

AlexF15 Guest

I think Apple has an outstanding chance to increase, especially with the release of the Iphone 6 closing in, I would definitely invest in them.

3. ParmMannTrader

ParmMannTrader Active Member

Apple stock came into my level and I was able to get a quick trade off it as it bounced over $2 from $96.75. Quick profit was churned out.

4. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Sweet and there was a lot more in there as well. Nice one.:)

I missed it tho... shoulda setup for it :(

It was a classic -25.6 back to 50 Fib

5. ParmMannTrader

No worries, get the next one. Always another trade around the corner. Are you an ITMS member? You got some good knowledge

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

They're earning $40 billion in profits, making $170 bil in sales, well over $40 bil in cashflow, etc.

They have a very interesting pipeline and are still relatively cheap at ~ 14 forward PE.

Still a solid investment IMO.

We will see trillion dollar marketcap companies eventually. Microsoft, Exxon, and the old GM (I know, I know) were once around that half trillion mark over a decade or 2 or 3 ago. I'd be very surprised if Apple doubled in the next five years or so, but stranger things have happened.

7. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Yes, always another trade out there :). I have a reasonable understanding of trading. I use Fibs, Stochastic, MACD, DMA's and Trendlines. I am still refining my trading strategy though.

I liked your Apple set up because you predicted it much earlier than I would have seen it.

Looked at your website but was disappointed by the vagueness, eg:

https://www.inthemoneystocks.com/free-services/research-center-archive/daily-market-reports

Which I think you will agree could be summed up succinctly as 'Sept Crude, somewhere between 125 and 66'; or have I misunderstood?

8. ParmMannTrader

I think I gave you the wrong link. I wanted you to check out the free blog. Lots of good info on there and it FREE

9. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeR Member

I personally don't think its a good buy right now. There are the new product releases that everyone will surely eat up, but there hasn't been much innovation in Apple for more than half a decade now. They are coasting in terms of coming up with the revolutionary products that Jobs was known for during the period in the late 90's- early 00's. I don't think they will ever fall back to the levels that they were in before Jobs saved the company last time but I just see alot of stagnancy regarding their actual tech and research.

As an Apple developer with some watch apps already in production I really want that Watch to become huge but I don't see that happening until v2 or later. The first iPod took a few years to become the "iPod", but that was largely cause of no PC support and starting from nowhere. But now that they are at the top, its hard for me to see another big burst. Its growing steadily and will continue to but there will be a moment where the wool is pulled.

Would love to hear the arguments against my thoughts as I see alot of APPL love in this thread :)

10. troutski

troutski Guest

I like Apple as a stock in the long-term. For now, the iPhone 6 release might not give the company a big boost right away. Delays and the perception that the iPhone 6 is a copy of the two or three year-old Nexus 4 could hurt the company. Then again, pre-orders are extremely high, and the iPhone 6 could beat initial sales of the iPhone 5 by a wide margin. It could go either way, in my opinion.