Pouring Milk Down the Drain

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by My401K, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Flexin

Flexin Member

That is the issue right there. Who is going to pay for it? It doesn't cost the farmers any extra to dump it. But who is going to pay for making the product, trucking, shipping (if it is being sent over seas). Then who is paying for the storage, shipping and delivery of this "free" hand out?

It isn't as easy as dropping off food to the soup kitchen before it expires.

James

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Because milk is easy to produce and a perishable product and also heavy. There is very little economical sense in trying to transport it all over the world.

3. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yes, that is true, the main problem is that it's perishable and heavy and it has a lot of costs. Once again it's all about economy and meanwhile perfectly good food is being thrown away.

4. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

It's a real shame that food is wasted like this but there is little that can be done about it other than reducing the amount of dairy herds that exist, or like previous posters have said, for someone in the supply chain to take the impact to their profits.

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

They can but the politics involved and the talk and drama and endless playing favorites...is what messes everything up!...like in my country...we got something called a youth fund, now i have been unemployed for like an year now and this fund is supposed to sort out the youth struggling in my area but even getting a morsel of the fund is all but a hazy dream...the people at the top of the chain do all the sharing out {greediness} the people at the bottom of the chain get to suffer it out!

6. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I think the solution also lies on all the people involved in the trade of milk. For farmers to be able to lower their prices, the cost of maintenance should also go down. Commodities such as food for the cows, vitamins and necessary medications should also be lowered so the farmers could also adjust their prices.