Practical Minimum Wage

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by matt, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

It is sad seeing senior citizens working at these places. They have no other choice because they have to make money to pay bills. Retirement is not fair to them.

2. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I think it is best to try and understand everything about minimum wages. I believe it is really cruel that such things are happening. I am sure that a lot of people are suffered quite a lot due to all these problems.

3. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

Practical minimum should be enough for a person to live a good life otherwise it is not really enough.

4. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

It is importadnt to have a practical minimum wage and is definitely useful if you can learn to have a good life with it. People should be at least given a nice wage and be helpful to each other.

5. Profit5500

Prices have always been shotty but I cannot do anything yet about living out on my own. I cannot argue very much about the raise of minimum wage since raising would help some people and cause other things to crumble. I am one for affordable cost of living so people can actually live somewhere. Although I do not want to see the crumble in the economy either.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

But both can be achieved with SLOW and SMALL raises in the minimum wage. Also predictability wouldn't hurt. If I owned a company and have people working for me at minimum wage, a 30% raise in their wages would pretty much force me to fire someone. Or push the prices up. But a small 2-3% raise? I don't think that would cause me to make any major moves to increase the margins.

7. Profit5500

Giving a 30% raise is not bad at all. I do not know what kind of company you would have but I am up for it if you were in the same area as me.

8. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

If everyone raised their wages, then people would have more buying power and that money would go back into the economy and your businesses. Unfortunately that doesn't happen straight away, so many employers are put off by the eventual benefits because of the short term loss

9. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

People will have to further their studies, to get better paying jobs, or they will have to get two to three jobs in order to get the good life that they are seeking, becuase the minimum wage can only go up to a certain level.

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

That would work if the company in question would be producing some kind of goods or services that would see a huge increase in demand if the poorer people had a bit more to spend. And ofc what you are talking about is pretty much just super inflation, though nicely backed by higher wages. Not a big fan of inflation myself, even if I know that a little inflation is necessary.