President Obama Signs Bill

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by May102014, Aug 7, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

President Obama signed a $16.3 billion dollar bill design to provide more efficient medical care for veterans and fix other issues relating to traumatic brain injuries, educational opportunities and victims who experience sexual assaults. I must say I am shock Congress was able to come together and get something concrete and sensible done during the mid-term election season. I feel this is a step in the right direction. Like all legislations, I wonder how soon will this become effective for veterans to take advantage of the opportunities presented. There's no excuse why men and women who put their lives on the line for our country to suffer when they return home to America.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I just hope that everyone read the fine print and know what they voted for. I'm all for helping the vets - I am myself a proud veteran. Those other groups too. I just always hope when I read about these things being passed that nothing harmful or wasteful was sneaked in.

3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Tha t is very true, they put their lives at risk yet they come back and suffer, it is about time this was passed, now they mo longe have to suffer, way to go.