Presidential rallies

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I see a lot of news about presidential rallies but have never been to one. Have any of you ever been to a rally? It looks like they would be fun to attend if you support the candidate. Do you have to get tickets or just show up?

2. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

You just show up, usually. They are kinda fun, and can actually be a networking opportunity since there will be like-minded people. I went to one in 2012, and my parents brought me to several when I was a child. My father was working for presidential campaigns in the early 90s.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I've attended two or three. While I wouldn't say it's fun, the highly charged atmosphere you'll lose yourself for a little while in the empty rhetoric. I lost interest in politics though so I don't think I'll be attending any political rallies in future.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I've seen quite a few on TV and I wouldn't say that I'd associate the word fun with them. For the most part they look pretty boring if anything and I'm not sure I'd want to sit there all day and be lied to.

Bit of flag waving at the end and away you go. Sounds and looks more like a waste of a day rather than a fun day to me, but each to their own I guess.

5. Glory

Glory New Member

I accidentally stumbled in to Herman Cain's presidential announcement rally in Atlanta. Very exciting! Lots of likeminded people and vendors selling all kinds of Tea Party and conservative items. I must admit I had fun...

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I've never gone to one before. I heard Trump was actually paying people like movie extras to show up at his announcement speech to show up and support him. Reportedly he was paying $50 usd to show up and act interested. For $50 usd I would show up also and maybe get a free meal out of it, which would be cool.

7. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I went to a local rally in Asia once. It was for senatorial candidates. Suffice to say it was enjoyable for a first time there was a lot of singing and political comedy before the senators made their speeches. The only downside was the number of people, it was a big crowd and you could barely move. It's fun when you know and support a candidate.