Priest Suspended For Using Hoverboard During Christmas Mass

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

One would think hoverboards have their place. But nay, some Priest [in the Philippines] just had to ride his hoverboard indoors. In church. According to news reports, "before the final blessing of the Christmas Eve Mass, the Priest sang a Christmas song whilst going around the nave standing on a hoverboard. And it got him suspended.

http://pix11.com/2015/12/29/priest-suspended-for-using-hoverboard-during-christmas-eve-mass/
    Did the diocese overreact, do you think?

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I think it was an overreaction, but it wasn't a safe or appropriate thing to do. In church one does need to be respectful, you wouldn't go around on roller blades and that's the same kind of thing. It was a lack of judgement on the part of the priest, and should have just been warned it wasn't safe and how things are done.

3. turt

turt Guest

I think most religions would consider this disrespectful but I would never think they would suspend someone instantly for doing something like this. Definitely don't think it's dangerous.

4. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I think it was probably an over reaction but to them it was probably seen as highly offensive or something.

Did anyone hear about that guy who stole a box of soda from a store on one? The security footage just shows him going in there on it, picking the case up and then leaving on it, as casual as anything. I think the guy was also arrested and charged and became the first person to be charged with theft using a hoverboard.

5. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I think this was a complete overreaction on the part of the church. They may have found it to be disrespectfully but that could have been dealt with in other ways. People just need to relax and not be so uptight about everything. People are too easily offended these days.

6. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

The preist was just trying to hip for the next generation. I guess technology is the devil though.lol

7. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

That might be the opinion of a lot of churches, that technology is evil or sacrilig or whatever the saying goes. However we are in the 21st century and things have progressed a lot since olden times and I think religion has to adapt to the modern day and age. I'm not saying change it's meaning or anything, but be more open to technology and the like now.

8. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

9. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

Lol this situation is super funny in my eyes