Pro life or pro choice?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gmckee1985, Sep 23, 2014.

?

?

1. pro life

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. pro choice

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I'm Pro choice. For whatever reason, the last person who will decide is the woman. It's her body and we can't do anything about that.

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

It's not just about her body niiro, inside of her there the body of another person, so will she decide for that person as well?

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

It's not just some random part of a woman's body. It's another human being! You are killing it by choosing to have an abortion. I don't believe anyone should have the right to kill another human being. If a man murder's a woman while she is pregnant, typically he is charged with two murders. I view abortion in the same way. If you choose to have one, you have are committing murder plain and simple. There's really no debate about this.

4. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Well arbotion is a very sensitive issue, it gets complicated when someone has been raped, or when either child or mother has to survive and a decision has to be made.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Impressive that it's almost a 50-50 poll and I think that it reflects the global scenario, people are divided on this topic and I think it's pretty much a matter of personal faith or the lack of it.

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

This is a difficult one. I think a woman should have a choice of what she wants to do with her body. We don't know the circumstances of her pregnancy or why she chooses to end it. I don't think abortion should be used as a birth control though. I know woman who have had several abortions which is just not right. There are many reasons why a woman may choose to have an abortion. Who are we to judge? Even though I feel this way I also don't think that abortion is a good thing either. I hate to see somebody end the life of a child simply because they don't want it. There are so many families out there who would love to have a baby and can't conceive.

7. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I think that I'm pro choice. Abortion is a really controversial topic, but at the end of the day I think that women can and need to choose what is best for them, it's their body, their rules. We can't force them to give birth to someone who they don't want, what if they were raped and for that baby their life is going to drastically change for bad? I'm pro choice.

8. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Do people seriously think that a woman who becomes pregnant as a result of rape should be FORCED to continue with the pregnancy? Wow, what if it was your own daughter, that's all I can say...

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I think those horrific Planned Parenthood videos are going to bring more people over to the pro life side. I dont understand why we fund them. Why cant we fund anti abortion facilities? Its so one sided that pro abortion providers receive so much funding from the government.

10. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Pro-life. Pro-choice is technically not even pro-choice because you are not considering whether or not the child wants to live. That's taking away an opportunity at life just because you don't want to deal with the kid.