Pro life or pro choice?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gmckee1985, Sep 23, 2014.

?

?

1. pro life

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. pro choice

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I am friends with a woman who kept the baby after that, and she said that the baby was really the answer to all of her problems. It gave her a sense of fulfillment and happiness that she was looking for after her attacker. I know this won't happen with every victim, but regardless, you shouldn't end another life just because something terrible happened to someone.

2. Sandra

Sandra Active Member

It's difficult to choose one or the other but if it was a range, I would choose closer to pro-life. As you said, abortion can be likened to murder, and if it should be just generally legalized and accepted everywhere a lot of women would 'choose' to use it as a quick fix or an easy way out as you mentioned. With this debate always comes the question of when life actually begins and while there are varying views on this, the reality is that development has begun and thus the opportunity to live should be given. However, there are cases where it may be in the best interest of the mother and embryo/foetus to terminate the pregnancy, such as in cases where serious health complications or genetic abnormalities exist. So, I think it depends on the circumstance.

3. spaceboytaylor

spaceboytaylor Active Member

For me, I don' t think that a government should ever regulate a person's body. If a women get's unintentionally pregnant and believes that abortion is wrong, she should have the full unjudged right to not abort. At the same time, if a women gets pregnant, can't afford it, and decides that abortion is the way to go, she should not have any person or government official telling her no.

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Man, I love how dead even the votes are. I like that it is even haha. Leaves less room for a lopsided argument.

5. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

To some extent, I don't think abortion is wrong. Yes, there are those who have been raped but there are those with complicated medical conditions. Sometimes, abortion is necessary.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I am quite confused with that term pro life. But if my opinion is asked, I am against population growth. Resources are limited including land, air, and water so what would happen if the population would keep on growing and growing? Can we live in an overcrowded world? The resources will be depleted, no food, no space, no place to live... we should think about it now until there's still time. So if my principle of underpopulation goes against the pro life then so be it.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I'd also have to say pro choice on this subject. That doesn't mean that I am for abortion by the way, I just think it as to be dealt with on a case by case basis, and what's right in o be situation won't necessarily be right in another.

It's got to be up to the couple to decide what's best for them, who are we to dictate what happens in their life, is the way that I see it.

8. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I am definitely pro life. I think we can choose a lot of things, but who lives and who dies has to be something beyond our power.

9. chrisanswer

chrisanswer Member

There's so much hypocrisy surrounding this issue. I've seen pro-life activist's go out hunting. Sanctity of life? I'm pro-choice because I simply don't believe women are unable to make big decisions. I don't believe women are all would-be baby killers, and I believe they can be trusted to do the right thing. If a women has an abortion 99% of the time its because of some form of abuse that has occurred of is occurring. Or the baby has a serious condition affecting the mothers life. There's lots a scare stories, but freedom is always right.

10. Sam1am

Sam1am Guest

Certainly I believe a woman should be able to end a pregnancy that endangers her own life. As to incest/rape...there are arguments pro & con, but feel it is ultimately the woman's decision and should be done EARLY in the pregnancy. Beyond that, abortion should not be used as birth control. Women SHOULD be responsible for their bodies, and that responsibility should be exercised to PREVENT unwanted pregnancies, IMHO.