Prsion Proves Being Gay Is Choice - Republican Presidential Hopeful Says

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Now is probably not the right time to make statements such as this one. But since Republicans are Conservatives I wouldn't expect less from them. Anyway, I'm sure Ben Carson isn't making any new friends with his recent comments about gayness being a choice. Gay people have been asserting that they are born that way and when someone says it's a choice . . . they aren't going to like it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ice-says-gop-pres-hopeful-ben-carson-20150304
    GOP presidential hopeful Ben Carson believes homosexuality is "absolutely" a choice. His proof? "A lot of people. . . go into prison straight, and when they come out, they're gay . . . "

Not that it's going to make a huge difference. Ben Carson obviously won't get the GOP nomination.

2. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

That's unbelievable. Yesterday I read post about a man in India saying "women deserve rape" and the comments were all about how America is so much more enlightened and stuff. I personally don't think the GOP is much better...

3. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

And to think this guy was clever enough to qualify as a neurosurgeon! It's a shame his understanding of society is still at a kindergarten level.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Wow... I can't even believe he said that! I think he should spend sometime behind bars to see if he would enjoy being raped.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Question though is why is that kind of stuff so common in prison? Is it about power? Humbling the new inmates? If it's so then I'd understand why those who've been in prison [and were raped while they were there] would want to have some revenge in kind. But does that make them gay?

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Wow missbishi...i felt that {your} comment to the core!...i guess brilliance does wear and tear along the trail of life..hence his inexcusable comment....i don't think its a choice, i think it has to do with being forced into the act and bullying and one doesn't have a choice in the end but adhere to those evil rules :(

7. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Why do people just go about opening their mouths, saying such things, i think wisdom and common sense doesn't apply to all mankind does it?...for a man to issue such a hurtful comment, something is really wrong!

8. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

I won't get into the veracity of the good doctor's claims, but it is another sparkling example of how GOP contenders need to stay away from social issues. They can't win on those in this day and age, so it is better to focus on the economy, limited government, and cleaning up the unbelievable levels of waste and corruption in DC. A message of economic prosperity and governmental sanity will resonate with a lot of voters, while matters of human sexuality will always be contentious and is, ultimately, a pointless debate.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if they're not intentionally sabotaging themselves.

It's obvious that many of us are born 100% hetero, and would never, ever willingly deviate from that no matter what. I could never have sex with another man even if we were alone on an island for the rest of our lives. I would no doubt spend a fair amount of time fantasizing about females and pleasing myself, but I would never be interested in another man in the least.

And the same is also true for many who are born 100% homosexual.

There are some people obviously in between 100% hetero or 100% homo, who are to one degree or another attracted to either / or under certain circumstances.

I don't care either way what people do in private. And if they can get tax breaks by marrying same sex individuals, space aliens, or farm animals, I say more power to them.

These politicians who actually have many other very good ideas about what really matters should quit saying these things that alienate voters.

10. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

When it come to that topic of gayness, it becomes a very sensitive topic, I rarely comment on search because it ends up disturbing either party, those that a gay and those that are not gay, so I always choose to hush, since I am not gay and I do not know if they are born that way or choose to be that way.