Puppet governments

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Gelsemium, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yeah, it's all staged, they put up some songs and give hands in the back they defend the lobbies against the interests of the populations, but what can we do really?

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

We can act as if we can change the world, even if we can't. We can start doing the right thing instead of alienating ourselves. It's not easy, but we need to start acting as a whole against what's unfair.

3. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

That's positive thinking and a good ideal Gelsemium, but do you really think that will solve anything? I think that with the installed interests it's very difficult to make things change.

4. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

I like that thinking. If we act as if we cannot change what is wrong, then we can't. If we act as if we actually mean something and should be taken note of... there is a likelihood that we can. The question is 'Do we live in a democracy or are we deluding ourselves'? If we do not aspire to justice and democracy then we should stop aggrandising ourselves by falsely reiterating that we do live in a democracy.

If enough people lobby, then change will come. Eg, We need to remember, it was the public that stopped the Vietnamese war.

Just my opinion.

5. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

I found this extremely interesting. It relates to this thread and the Markets so can be viewed as doubly relevant.

Epsilon Theory

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-25/when-does-story-break

6. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

We can change the world though. The government is elected by the people, not the other way around.

7. Gelsemium

Yes Livvy, but the problem is not the government, but who is behind of the government telling them what to do...

8. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

I think we the people should take it easy with all these conspiracies and be grateful we have the possibility of affording our Internet connection.

9. Gelsemium

LOL preyy, I am grateful for everything I have, but I also have eyes in my face and see what's happening in the world. Should people with no food be grateful too?

10. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Really? Should we just be happy with the fact we don't have to pay for the air we breath as well?
    You may be happy with what you have, but that's not something that should be heeded by most people, especially people who are struggling in life.