Puppet governments

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Gelsemium, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

I agree about the conspiracies... it's almost gotten to such a ludicrous point that ignoring it is all there is to do. And I know that being grateful is a good thing, but there are so many hurting people.. and it's very difficult to be grateful if you don't know where your next meal is coming from, how you are going to pay the rent, or you have a terminal illness and find that your insurance suddenly isn't covering your treatment any longer. (No conspiracy theory there, it's because of the ACA nightmare, and very painfully real.)

Your last statement has always been a sore spot for me. Especially over the last couple of years, I have worked with a charity and it is hard to stay neutral when the people coming in for help who don't have formula for the babies or milk for the toddlers and claiming they can't afford even a loaf of bread are somehow managing to pay for their high speed internet, premium cable, cigarettes, and smart phones with all the bells and whistles.

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Well, it's easy to make a conspiracy sitting in our chair and doing nothing for the good of others that is true, but I don't think anyone can deny that something is terribly wrong with our social organization.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Conspiracy theorists at the very least provide explanations to what might have gone wrong with . . . everything in general. There's this belief that someone has to be held responsible for something. So if you got to blame it on some guys wearing cloaks who live underground in caves then you don't have to take responsibility for any actions that may have landed you where you are. That's what those who believe in conspiracy theories want.

4. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Something is definitely wrong... I think the trouble starts when it turns into a blame-fest instead of just figuring out how to fix it. If something is "broken" it makes a lot more sense to fix it than to waste time trying to figure out who screwed it up.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

The problem is that it's just a front, they are doing nothing there or at least their action is limited to what the bigger powers impose them, so they just talk and talk and talk and we see nothing good being done.

6. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Here is a guy who is trying to make a difference but he has brought down the wrath of the energy company on himself. Hope his constituents support him as we need people who are prepared to stick their necks out IMO.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/07/alabama-energy-election-chip-beeker-terry-dunn

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Ouch, that's exactly what happens Casper, try to mess with the big money and the big money kicks you in the butt, teaching everyone else a lesson that we should not mess with them.

8. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

9. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Ahah, gotta love those politicians, they evade direct questions, but very diplomatically they say the statistics concern them? Come on, we need to wake up, those guys are frauds.

10. hun10sta

hun10sta Member

I personally think the world is what it appears to be. My dad believes there is a massive, behind-the-scenes conspiracy going on, and I do believe that sometimes, the government hides things from us. But, I do not believe that there are any people running things from behind the scenes. It's honestly too crazy for me to believe. I don't think any puppet governments actually exist.