Purchasing items on eBay

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rosyrain, Jul 25, 2015.

1. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I have never bought anything through ebay but a friend of mine has been a member for years now and she only has good things to say about the company. I think ebay still soars when it comes to online buy and sell and it has established the safety of both buyer and seller. The emergence of Amazon though gives it a big competiotion since Amazon has also earned its reputation when it comes to customer satisfaction. These are my top 2 trusted companies when it comes to buying and selling online.

2. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

I purchase items from Ebay every month. I buy clothes, shoes, and electronics. They all get shipped to me very quickly and the prices are great.

3. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I usually get electronics and appliances I also agree about not buying branded stuff online because it could be a fake. For branded merchandise I suggest you take it to the store themselves especially if it's gonna cost you a lot of money, you have to be safe about these things and online selling isn't as secure as it used to be.

4. BuddFoxx

BuddFoxx Member

Agreed Amazon is the way to go bidding on ebay is a pain.

5. 111kg

111kg Guest

Few of the European sellers ship their products to my country and we don't have Amazon either. The major problem with buying from outside of the European Union is the fact that you will have to pay an insane shipping price and than another 24% (VAT tax) for the package + the shipping costs. It sucks when you want to buy from the US. The shipping costs are so high.

6. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

I'll go to ebay if I'm looking for older video games or old electronics / consoles. other than that, I'd rarely go on it.