Ray Dalio on gold...

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by JR Ewing, Apr 11, 2014.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Franco

Franco Member

Great video. Gold will never die. Our currency might not be worth much, but gold will always be valuable.

3. HeinrichM

HeinrichM Active Member

Interesting video, thanks. I agree with what he says about gold, with the amount of current debt you need to look at alternative investments. Gold is a good and solid investment and has normally been. His earlier comments in the video about social unrest makes one think and worry!

4. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

I dunno. At some point we're going to find something else which is worth more, and then Gold will be the Silver.

5. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Interesting video. I've always been a gold bug and have done well with gold and silver over the years. On the video, I like how at the end he said "it should be part of everyone's portfolio, but not in a big way." Its true one can go overboard with precious metals and I've seen folks do it in recent years. Still, it really should be part of a well thought out portfolio.

6. BudFox

BudFox Well-Known Member

I often try and think what may be more important as a wealth store than gold and the only thing I think of is water and food due to climate change and an increasing world population. In the near future though, I'm still a gold fan. Just a shame it is propped up by an increasingly worthless currency.

7. one life

one life New Member

Great video! He's right about the printing of money to make debt easier to service. Gold has long been seen as a way to take a position short government debt.

8. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

It will be very interesting to watch what happens to gold in the upcoming months. The crisis in Russia will really show us stable gold is. My prediction is that gold will stay strong.

9. JadeDoo

JadeDoo Well-Known Member

Gold has been pretty weak... It basically been falling ever since it hit the peak at 1,900s. It's pretty close to the average production cost right now though so imo it's quite close to the floor.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Dalio is brilliant. I encourage anyone who is really passionate about investing to listen to his youtube clips. There's at least one where he's interviewed for well over an hour.