Refugee Crisis - Croatia closes borders for Serbs, Serbia does the same for Croats

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Chello, Sep 25, 2015.

1. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Member

I respectfully disagree. I do not see what is wrong with wanting to leave your country in pursuit of better things. I'm not advocating that we should fight for their country, but I do think they should be allowed refuge.

I want to put this interesting video here. You will have to remove the spaces because my account doesnt allow me to post links yet.
    https :/ / youtu.be/TaaxSoyK2nI

I think its really interesting that we are closing our borders to humans while opening our arms wide for foreign companies.

2. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

Yes and that's fine, plenty of people have done this in the past. They have done this from war torn regions and because they wanted to, in an effort to better their lives. This was done the proper way, by petitioning the government for amnesty or citizenship, not by walking into countries by the droves feeling like they should just be able to. As the OP stated this is something that has been going on for years, so why now should it just be accepted that every area should want to invite them in with open arms?

@FlyFish998 There are open arms for companies because it is believed that this will help a region economically by putting people to work and bringing in dollars via labor, the difference with refugee's is that this is a cost burden on the same society as they have no means to be self sufficient. It is further argued that it increases unemployment and poverty as refugees could potentially lower pay rates because in their desperation they would be willing to be a cheaper labor source. This displaces higher paid workers who may have done the same job that already inhabit the region. People that have already lived in these villages and towns for generations feel it is an unfair situation since the benefit then shifts to the Foreign Company that will use (and possibly dwindle) whatever resources made the area attractive to begin with. In the end it comes at the cost of the native to that region since they lose not only working opportunity but in some cases ancestral lands and natural resource.

Even if there were no refugee's there can be a danger to a region that becomes to dependent on foreign corporations. Take for example the maquiladoras of Mexico. When it comes to Foreign Corporations there has to be joint dedication between the corporation and the society at large to make it all work well for the surrounding workforce and economically for the business.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

There are some real refugees from those areas. People who really need to leave, such as small children. Their mothers of course leave with them. And there are places for hundreds of thousands of these in refugee camps in Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey. Countries such as those mentioned previously, Egypt, pretty much the whole arabian peninsula as well as many north African countries are closer (= easier to get to), share a similar language and similar cultural setting and quite frankly are easier to return from when the conflict is over. So yes, I can understand women and children leaving to those destinations. Harder to understand men going like "ohh damn, these guys are coming to destroy my village. Better run TO SWEDEN!" (or something similar)

The thing is, I see that the large majority of people heading for Europe are not refugees. They are immigrants, illegal ones that is. What I mean with that is, they aren't here because they absolutely have no other place to go to, they are here because they know that in Europe they will get good housing, healthcare, money etc. It's not really their fault, they are making a good choice here. It's the Europeans who are too damn stupid to realise that you can't just open your borders and say "welcome" to everyone.

Every single country (that I know of) in the modern world has laws and procedures for immigration. These have been established for a very good reason. And now we are disregarding all of those laws and procedures.

4. Chello

Chello Member

The same thing happened here in Croatia, as I've mentioned in the first post. Yes, we've won the war by using the means you have described.

Want to know what that left for us?

Economically unstable country, people living in the past, tensions with our neighbors, mourning, expensive repairs (that aren't even finished 20 years after the war), among other things.

I would be the first one to get out of a war-torn country if it was ten times my home. Not worth it.

Well said and I agree with that. Better regulations have to take place. Well, HAD to take place, months ago.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Well, didn't it leave you with a country worth living in? I mean, you are living there right now so surely it's decent nowadays. Hell, people go to visit Croatia all the time and they enjoy it. War always leaves it's scars... no doubt about it, but would a country such as Croatia exist nowadays if everyone just packed their bags and left?

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

What concerns me is that people who aren't genuine refugees and are using this as an excuse to just move and live in a different country and make the most of the benefits they will be offered when they don't actually need them.

There have been a few interviewed who have even admitted that they had no reason to leave their country, they just knew they would be better off somewhere else, and while they wouldn't be allowed entry another time, they are now as they've come as a refugee rather than immagrant.

7. hs0zfe

hs0zfe Active Member

Well, I wish I could post some links. (How many posts are required before that's permitted?)

For decades, there have been laws and rules (Dublin I,II, III and Schengen). There's a legal way to stop the Schengen (free borders for participating members and all who have a "Schengen Visa") agreement for a certain length of time.

To spare you a long-winded rant, the guilty party is the empress in Berlin. SHE has a history of violating the German constitution and harming her people by doing so.

May I state some facts?

* Less than half the migrants are from Afghanistan and Syria.
    * Anyone and everyone can enter Germany without travel documents.
    * She is now pretending that the "big rush" is outside her control and all she wants is for things to remain as they are.

Interestingly, the Deutsche Bank's chief economist came out (source: SPIEGEL 2 days ago) to support her, writing the migrants would strengthen Germany economically, culturally and scientifically. OTOH, higher taxes and welfare losses for all are the reality.

The following is my personal take.

Merkel's insane or working against the German people's interests for unknown reasons.

As I cannot publish links, maybe one of you care to google something? Youtube.com -> search for "Rebel Media + Merkel". Make up your own mind.

Another video worth seeing is Merkel's speech at the IAA, the car exhibition where she urges <all economic migrants to keave Germany>. In connection with "Billy Six + Zug" you can watch a homemade documentary of someone boarding "Merkel's train" from Hungary to Germany. Interviewing the people following her call. Turns out most would be economic migrants, not traumatized victims of war, fleeing dangerous countries (Turkey, Greece, Mazedonia, Serbia, Hungary and Austria).

George Orwell would feel right at home, reading the German newspapers. Many split the country into "Dark Germany" and "Light Germany". It's very simple. Be opposed to uncontrolled immigration => you are part of Dark Germany.

Back to the OP's questions.

Hungary and Croatia are victims of feudal anarchy in Berlin. If Germany would close its border, there would be a lot of hardship. Just look at Calais! The UK has such a policy. But there would also be a strong signal that it's not enough to somehow penetrate the EU to gain the right to go on a welfare shopping spree (with Sweden and Germany being the top prizes).

Hungary's following the existing rules which require registration in the first country migrants reach. Somehow, Greece's been overwhelmed. But by Hungary offering just that it exposes the migrants intent to leave SAFE COUNTRIES and go on to go where better welfare is offered.

Both, Croatia and Hungary just let migrants pass through to Germany.

Personally, I'm convinced of the following:

1. it's time to short EU indices, especially DAX and CAC40.
    2. Germany's law and order has broken down, with the interior minister confessing that hundreds of thousands of migrants remain unknown.
    3. German laws are so bizarre and unworldly (like charging failed asylum seekers from Balkan countries a fee - as if these people would pay such a fee or follow the order to leave Germany and not come back for x years).
    4. Germans suffer from tough rules and laws. Companies getting started in garages? Ha! They would get closed down pdq, pretty darn quickly. I myself witnessed a neighbor's garage being bulldozed because it was 2 inches higher than on the plan.
    5. Someone quoted a former director of the CIA saying that Germany would descend into chaos and be ungovernable by 2020. I'm afraid this might very well come true.

Because leaving things as they are and fatalistically wringing hands and telling the voters <we cannot control these events> will lead to millions more to come!!

Merkel wants other countries to share the burden. It's her "Facebook Party". It's out of control and now she wants neighbors to take revellers and to pay for the booze and offer toilets and bunk beds.

8. hs0zfe

hs0zfe Active Member

Hear, hear. Less than half are from Afghanistan and Syria. Not even 1/3 is from Syria. ** Then there are >10% of fake ********s used. ** Merkel's lying to her people, talking about border controls. WTF? Border police acts more like Walmart greeters, TBH. How many get turned away?!? (******** or no papers, coming from safe European countries? March on, get on the bus 500 meters down the road...

9. hs0zfe

hs0zfe Active Member

FYI, the UN has been doing that for years. Millions of Syrians are in such UNHCR camps. 1.8 - 2 M in Turkey, many more in poor Lebanon where migrants account for about 20% of the population. 20%!!!:eek:

Once in a safe country (like Turkey), one ceases to be a bona fide refugee, having to flee that safe country to safe one's life.

Human traffickers charge thousands - you think the very poorest can pay these fees?!?

10. hs0zfe

hs0zfe Active Member

What's the average salary in Bulgaria? $ 400 / 350 euros?

Youtube.com followed by [/COLOR]/watch?v=_oxuh06xEqE
    Some even had a German sim card, making cell phone calls upon arrival in Munich.That's super service by their human traffickers! Or worse, they might be sponsored by certain enemy groups...

We were in Germany last week and had to buy a sim card for 10 Euros at a Vodafone shop for 200 minutes / texts and 500 MB data.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016