Renewable energy - viable investment or dud?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by BudFox, Apr 19, 2014.

1. GermaniaK

GermaniaK New Member

You really want to be doing your due diligence with renewable energy companies by setting operational KPI's next to your usual fundamental analysis. I always like putting a cost and return monetary value on throughput. You expect as an organisation grows, and efficiencies are realised, product costings diminish which in turn increases your return. The same holds true for renewable energy and is quite easy for production companies. You really want to know how much energy is produced at a given cost, and how much this can be sold for.

Never forget in the vast majority of cases these are long term investments.

2. Nusret

Nusret Member

Of course they still have a future. Every single country of European Union is obligated to make 20% of their total energy produced out of renewable sources. I'd say it's just coming, with these new technologies. I assume it has pretty bright future actually.

3. Nick

Nick Guest

I personally think we should keep moving forward with renewable energy. One major advantage with the use of renewable energy is that as it is renewable it is therefore sustainable and so will never run out. One disadvantage with renewable energy is that it is difficult to generate the quantities of electricity that are as large as those produced by traditional fossil fuel generators. Renewable energy produces little or no waste products such as carbon dioxide or other chemical pollutants, so has minimal impact on the environment.

4. uggonen

uggonen Well-Known Member

This. If renewable energy companies start selling energy to bigger markets they have a neverending source of money. People will always need energy!

5. Nusret

Nusret Member

Well not for common people, but for industry, I'd say it is. They can make great money out of selling electrical-energy they make based on renewable sources. Technologies are being made for major progress in that field. It's just a matter of time before it starts expanding more and more. Of course, you always need reliable power sources, so it'll never be dominant compared to non-renewable sources.