Rent A Friend

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Profit5500, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

That is very interesting and wierd at the same time, those who benefit are those who are being paid, the loosers are those that are paying to have a friend, I personally do not think that I would pay just to have company, I would rather take that money and spend it on myself without a friend.

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Yeah I thought so too when I had looked at the site. I think there are people really making a living out of this. Meanwhile the people who have not received any clients do not gain any income.

3. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

You must be really interesting to be paid $50 an hour. I'm sure there is one person, that everyone can turn to! Right? If not that is really sad.

4. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I do not think it is great to rent to my friends. It is definitely not useful to think about renting a friend. It complicates a relationship that you are already present in.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I don't think that those who pay for friends lose anything. Their money is being well spent. They need company. Maybe the reason they are paying someone to be their "friend" is because their other friends whom they've cut out of their lives only stuck around them because of their money. Better fork it out upfront and that person will have to laugh at any jokes you tell which will make you feel good.

6. Glcameron

Glcameron Well-Known Member

I think you can view that in that tense but that's all along the same lines of you paying for a friend. If there's someone who let out of your life because they weren't good for you that helps you have to go and find another alternative to meet someone who can be your friend too can bring something to the table vs take something from you altogether. There are too many people are there in this world for you to turn back around and think that you have to rent to a friend or to let them stay in a room at your house and not pay anything for them to turn back around and feel as though you owe it to them. That's what comes up over the course of other few weeks a few days or even a few months that person feeling as though you let them stay there for free therefore they don't have to pay you anything ever and then when the bills pretty much start to pile up your left with that feeling of being used but in the long run if you want to set up for yourself.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

If ever get in dire straights it's certainly something to consider. I don't understand why these folks who need to rent friends have such a hard time meeting people. They must have anxiety or just be incredibly socially awkward.

8. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

That could be it gmckee1985 these people could be people who cannot meet anyone offline appropriately. It is stressful just meeting newer people to say the least.

9. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

This just shows how absurd the world we are living in has become. We already have prostitution and now rent a friend? That can hardly be considered a friend because money is involved. Rent a person seems more adequate.

10. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

I think it shows laziness. We can't even go out and make friends. It also shows that we're not happy being ourselves. If we were we would easily make friends. There's someone for everyone.