Renting a place with a relative

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by Corzhens, Dec 16, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Over here in this part of the world it is much more common to have one family per dwelling, but that family may consist of extended family members. It isn't always just a nuclear family. However, many families also include animals as part of the setu up. It is their place to dwell too!

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Compared to rural areas, costs of apartments in Manila are more than double for the reason that it is near the place of work. Most of apartment dwellers in Manila are from the provinces who are renting because they are working in Manila and instead of commuting once a week to see their families in the province, they bring their families to the city. That is also the reason why Metro Manila is so crowded because the influx of people cannot be controlled since it is not illegal to relocated from the province to the city.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

yeah that makes sense, it's the same for a lot of the capital cities. People move there for work and bring the whole family with them... and apartments are expensive because everyone is doing the same.

4. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

I'm sure it has to do with safety measures or something like that. But I don't think there should be such harsh stipulations under certain circumstances. If there's enough room for everyone, then it shouldn't be a problem. We were once told I couldn't rent a house for3 people because the allowed family size was for only one person even though it was a 2 bedroom. So that was lame.

Tags: