Repubican Debate

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by kgord, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

"You are the one that made a generalized statement ..." Nice smack down! Way to go Carly. Matthews is a punk anyway.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Trump believes the Fox News moderators singled him out for the toughest questions. He's lashed out at them on social media but what did he expect? Fair play? Fox is pro-Republicans and the Republican [most of them] hate Trump. Maybe he should seriously start considering running as an independent.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

If Trump and the others are serious about winning the nomination and keeping a Dem out of the White House, they need to toughen up. If Trump thinks that the Fox moderators were tough or in any way "unfair", he's in for a rude awakening with the liberal MSM and the debate moderators on other networks... see CNN's Candy Crowley's tag team with Obama in the 2012 debate, for example. :rolleyes:

They all need to be vetted and tested early. The left will do everything in their power (fair or not) to eat them alive.

4. petesede

petesede Guest

It isn´t the debate questions that are going to kill Trump, it is going to be the news coverage itself on fox.... Trump is quickly going to see what it feels like to be a Democrat on Fox News. I think right now, they are trying to corner him and get him to really solidify that he will never run as a 3rd party candidate. They cannot slam him right now because if he gets bitter and angry he will run as a 3rd. So it is a little dance where they have to downplay him, but not so much that he gets angry about it.

5. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Agreed with this, big time. They're go up against a political machine that will use every method (ethical or otherwise) to remain in power. Being a "nice guy" (*cough*, Romney) is not going to result in a win.

6. kda3614

kda3614 New Member

It's beginning to create a rift in the conservative camp, especially since he was disinvited to the RedState Gathering in Atlanta. It's a distraction away from real issues, and I think it's taking attention away from Donald Trump as a viable candidate.

7. petesede

petesede Guest

Trump is not a viable candidate. He is an entertaining distraction during a part of the election cycle where nobody is paying attention. He is a celebrity, and besides Bush, probably the only candidate that most Americans have ever heard of.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I am a Ted Cruz supporter. I think he did well for himself and hes at 13% in the latest NBC poll. Trump is a jackass and needs to go away. Though maybe all the attention hes bringing to the race will end uo benefitting the GOP in the long run.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I really like Fiorina, and have always liked Cruz.

There is quite a bit to like about much of the field, but there are things many seem to be doing and saying that will make them difficult or impossible to be elected IMO.

I think Fiorina may end up being the only one who can beat Hillary, and who can avoid the whole abortion trap more and more GOP men keeping falling into.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I think the GOP has a pretty decent shot at winning the presidency no matter who they nominate. Hillary Clinton is just an awful candidate through and through. I think her only card she can really play is the War on Women card. That's pretty much going to be her whole campaign. That, and wealth inequality. She's a much less formidable than Obama so I'm feeling good right now about the Republicans chances.

Tags: