rewarding yourself

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by cmiller, Jun 21, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

A vacation will do, its a good thing, probably visit a different country, learn a thing or two about that country, in the meantime, get to de-stress and rejuvenate such that, when i come back from my vacation, i will put in a 100% with all i got to my business and in turn reap huge benefits.

2. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I reward myself, mostly be taking a personal vacation, where I go all alone and spoil myself.

3. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

Pretty much this really. Keep track of what you want to buy next, and allow yourself one thing, or perhaps a few, depending upon how well you've done. Alternatively, you could set aside a little money so that instead of a smaller reward, you can buy yourself a big reward, with all your saved up little rewards, if that makes sense?

4. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

A vacation is always the best thing for the mind in my opinion.
    It puts your mind to rest and can often enough help you be a better you when you return back to your job.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

If I have some extra money from a good business I usually reward myself with a dinner out or some holidays, I think this is what life is about, enjoy it while we can, if we don't do it when we have extra money when will we?

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I usually just reward myself and the wife with a nice dinner and maybe a quick weekend vacation to unwind and celebrate the success, but it really depends on the rate of success we're talking about, at least the dinner is always guaranteed :)

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Sometimes we just have to enjoy the simple things of life and nothing like being with the ones we love doing what we enjoy, a dinner and a weekend out seem great to me Strykstar, it always depends on our personality. :)

8. comeonpk3

comeonpk3 Member

Usually with a nice dinner, if I think I can spare the money.

9. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Usually I'll go out and get something nice, like some sweets or a nice dessert.

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I hardly ever reward myself not because I'm stingy but for the simple reason that I never deny myself anything in the name of saving cash for the future. So should I do well in business [like I always do] it's an ordinary thing for me and probably the best way to reward myself [for the good work done] is take a day or two off.