Right-Wingers Predict Calamity

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

After the Supreme court's decision on gay marriages this is what the right wing predicts will follow:

- There'll be more terrorist attacks.
    - The rape of men will get to be fairly common.
    - Droughts, food shortages.
    - Oppression — preachers who say anything against gay people will be thrust in prison.
    - The bible will be banned.
    - States will seize kids from parents who oppose gay marriage.

And worst of all. They predict that there'll be a civil war. Huh?

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I would like to see some names on who is on the right wing, and if they are presidential nominees. If any of them has the guts to put their stamp of approval on such a statement, that is political suicide. Donald Trump just got Macys running in the other direction after calling Mexican rapist.

First impression of reading that list, is that whoever predicted this must be ultra paranoid.

3. SilverMill

SilverMill Active Member

I think the tides have not been good from all direction. Meanwhile, the legalization of same-sex marriage is just giving us the early warnings of a pending tsunamic catastrophe due to moral decline. The left, on the appearances, seem to be gaining ground. That's not true. Deliberate ignorance and the "lack of knowledge thereof do make a people of a nation perish." However, consevative right-wingers and principled individuals who uphold moral integrity are right to heed the onset of warnings; and take up in fighting for the truth-- without giving in to fear and intimidation to save a failing nation from drowning-- from the tragic death of freedom. Of course, we will never let death of our nation to ever happening!

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Who are these people specifically, and where did you read or hear this?

It wouldn't surprise me to see the First Amendment start to be attacked (for Christians - not muslims, of course), but I don't know where you're getting all of this stuff?

5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Are these people crazy or something? How could they possibly come up with some of these predictions based on a gay marriage ruling? I could understand the terrorist attack argument because of the radicalism in this world, but certainly not food shortages and male rape.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think he's just trolling.

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Certainly not. Here's the source:

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-a...ight-wingers-predict-will-result-gay-marriage
    The right-wing response to the Supreme Court’s marriage equality decision has been, quite literally, apocalyptic.

It’s only been five days since the court issued its ruling, but conservative pundits have already predicted that gay marriage will ultimately be responsible for natural disasters, terrorist attacks and the destruction of freedom.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Pardon me but I don't see the relevance of those in the list as regards the same-sex marriage issue. The terrorist attack has no connection likewise with the food shortage. Maybe that list of right wingers are like those doomsday proponents that the end of the world is near. And if they are connecting the same sex marriage issue with the Bible, I guess they have a point because it is in the Bible about the destruction of 2 cities that were regarded as places of homosexuality. But other than that, I really cannot see the logic of that list against the issue.