RIP Robin Williams

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by wulfman, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

This is really sad...

I never really like his stand-up too much. I think it's pretty stale at this point.
    But as an actor he was incredible. And apparently, he was a really sweet human being too.

I don't understand one thing though... Is it just me that immediately thinks: Dead Poet's Society?
    I see people talking about Jumanji, and Mrs. Doubtfire, and those are movies I really enjoy... But come on... Oh captain, my captain?

2. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Same. I have never even seen his stand up. His movies always made me laugh though. Or were just plain out awesome. Even ones like Insomnia or One Hour Photo he just did a great job. Good Will Hunting of course also. Addiction and depression are just a terrible combination. Poor guy was trying to get help too. Went back into rehab just a few a weeks before.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Wasn't there supposed to be a sequel for that movie Mrs. Doubtfire, which I would believe he was supposed to be in it. That means if there is still going to be a sequel of the movie they would have to find a suitable replacement. Robin was such a wonderful guy he was friendly and knew how to make people laugh which was his talent. He was awesome in the movie "The Butler" which he played as President Theodore Rosevelt. He would truly be missed by all.

4. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana Member

My favorite movie of his was definitely Hook!

But have you guys heard the horrible things happening to his daughter now? She was being harassed by people on twitter just after the death of her father with photoshopped pictures of him and mean words! So horrible that she has to deal with that on top of everything she must emotionally be going through right now!

5. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Yes, I heard this. :( Clueless people who just don't get it whine "but the pictures weren't REALLY his death pictures, someone just made it look that way." I say who CARES if they were real or not... this is the most mean-spirited thing I've heard of in a very long time. What kind of evil human would do something like that?

Twitter's upper management is doing what they can to change this from happening in the future, but for Zelda it comes much too late. :mad:

6. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Yep daughter, Zelda, cancelled her Twitter and they (Twitter) are reviewing their policies because of this controversy.

7. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

I still can't believe this happened. I watched RV like the day before the news broke. I couldn't believe it.

By the way, RV was a really good movie. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Anyway, this kind of reminds me of the saying: people who laugh the most are the ones who are most in pain. May you rest in peace Robin Williams.

8. joebel

joebel Member

Still in shock about this. He's had such a role in the movie industry. I wish the rest of his family well.

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Thanks again Kate for clarifying in full context what depression is, but with extensive therapy one can conquer...right ?...looks like a real dark abyss {depression} if not urgently administered to...spooky :(.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked when I heard the news. I actually like his movies. I'm sad. :(