RIP Robin Williams

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by wulfman, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

It's amazing how someone you never met in person can mean so much to you.
    I've grown up loving his movies as well as his standup, he was a truly remarkable man, a true cultural icon.

2. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Definitely took a good part of me with him. Rest in peace.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I liked his movies too he was a incredible actor. I was hoping he'd be alive if they were to have the Mrs. Doubtfire sequel. He should have been helped with the depression he had.

4. martinez

martinez Active Member

RIP Robin Williams. I loved his content and he was such a gifted actor. I really feel that we've lost a great person and it will be hard to find his replacement. May God rest your soul in peace.

5. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

I got super sad when I heard about his passing. I had to watch Jumanji and Flubber and be alone for a night. Patch Adams was just too sad to even think about watching. He will be missed for sure. Comedy genius. And don't even get me started the way people were treating his daughter.

6. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Should be getting a good remembrance at this year's Emmy Awards. Billy Crystal gave a heartfelt farewell to Robin.

7. bulding

bulding Member

Great actor indeed.

I first became acquainted with the wonderful work of Robin Williams when I first watched Mrs Doubtfire as a child. He was hilarious, creepy but lovable, and best of all -- very memorable. Since then, I have always been happy to watch literally any film in which Robin was one of the actors. Over time, as I grew up, my favorite Robin movie became 'Good Will Hunting'. It's sad to know that I won't be able to look forward to any more Robin movies. It was awesome while it lasted.

I hope you found as much happiness as you gave to us Robin.

8. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I think that life is too complicated for even the wisest person to understand it. Solomon in the bible in all his wisdom said that everything in life is vanity and a chasing after the wind. Robin Williams was a great man who was going through pain in his own life and yet he managed to make so many people laugh every day. He is now free from pain.

9. AugustGreig

AugustGreig Member

Robin Williams was such a fantastic actor. I loved seeing him on Louis. But as great of a comedian as he was, I really liked his dramatic work. It's just sad to see another great talent snuffed out after struggling with addiction. We lost Phillip Seymour Hoffman earlier, and now this. People always assume that fame and fortune makes you happy, but it doesn't. Real happiness comes from within.

Ironically, in a kind of morbid coincidence, when i opened this thread, the first ad under the OP was an add that said, "3 Signs of Depression".

10. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Next year's In Memoriam at the Oscar's will be very touching as well, a lot of very talented people have left us this year :(