Russian Air Power Beginning to Make a Dent Against IS/ISIS/ISIL/Daesh Rebels in Syria

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by baudwalk, Nov 30, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Well the UK as said that they will begin their own air strikes now, as it was voted for, and passed today with the politicians being in favour.

What impact will that now have?

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Depends on the amount of strikes and their intended targets. I really like how the Russians are attacking the oil supply as that is what drives ISIS financially. The brits will most likely stick to the same plan as the Americans... that's how it's been in the past years.

3. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

As far as I know nothing has been finalised yet, but from what reports are saying it looks like the vote on whether to strike in Syria, which is due to take place tomorrow, is going to pass by a landslide. I mean more Tornado aircraft were seen departing their base in the UK for Cyprus earlier today so it's pretty much seen as a passing vote. The only worry however is that idiot Corbyn whose stance seems to be "Oh don't take any notice of them and they will go away." :rolleyes:

4. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The vote isn't until today, but Cameron said he wouldn't hold a vote unless he knew he stood a good chance of winning, so officially it has not been passed, but stands a high probability. Even so there will be debates on the aims and how they will work. It will be interesting to see what arguments those who oppose have.

5. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

The vote passed this evening and by a massive majority. The yes vote got 397 compared to the no vote of 233. It was on the news this evening and they had a guy stationed outside the RAF base in Cyprus and even after a short time the vote had passed aircraft were taking off on missions, but whether they were into Syria I'm unsure. What is sure is that RAF aircraft will be attacking targets in Syria within the next 24 hours.