Russian economy grinding to a halt as Ukraine crisis takes heavy toll

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by admin, Mar 24, 2014.

1. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

Well, it's not surprising. Now with another round of sanctions coming up, I don't know what Russia is going to do about it but they'll have tot do something.

2. Nusret

Nusret Member

Sanctions are coming, but they've got a huge market in Asia, especially China and India. They're going to go through some rough time if they keep it up like this, but I doubt it'll be such a significant blow on their overall economy. After all, I pray they're not stupid enough to start a real war.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Obama put our space program in Putin's hands, and of course now Putin is cutting us off of that in response to the sanctions. :rolleyes:

4. InterestedInvesto

InterestedInvesto Active Member

What do you mean exactly "put our space program in Putin's hands"? Care to elaborate? I ask as I have seen no reports suggesting this.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

At the moment the only way to get people up to the ISS is with Russian rockets.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

7. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

These theatrics ought to stop, for the sake of the greater good, at least the article states that there are hopes that growth within the country will rebound this year...well its a matter of sit and wait for it to pan out.

8. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 Well-Known Member

This is what should be happening to Russia. They are taking something that does not belong to them and, they should be facing economic consequences due to thier actions. Peoples liberties are being attacked by another larger country all in the name of expanding Russia to what they believe is their land. But, simple fact is that it is the Ukrainian land they are trying to steal and, I believe they should be facing an all out halt on international trading until they change thier course of action.

9. AlainB

AlainB Member

The fact that Russia is taking on a defensive role in the article, and basically says the US is being 'childish' shows me they are not scared of repercussions, which we should not be happy with. Unfortunately the economies (and even space travel) is intertwined on a global level, and Russia will eventually understand self-sustenance is not the way to become an economically strong country.

10. Dola1991

Dola1991 Member

I am not surprised by the actions of Russia. Corruption appears to plague this nation. One minute they are no longer communists, the next minute they are invading Ukraine. The sanctions placed on them are warranted in that regard.