Say Goodbye to the mellow and pleasant atmosphere at Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Allison2021, Dec 4, 2014.

1. troutski

troutski Guest

I can't imagine that that many people are going to avoid Starbucks just because it's going to serve alcohol. I know there are some people that won't go there, but not all Starbucks stores will serve alcohol, so the impact is going to be minimal. I think Starbucks can only come out on top with this addition to its products and services. Who do you guys think the losers will be, though?

2. btatro

btatro Member

When I picture a drinker at Starbucks, they are sipping a scotch or a nice glass of wine. Still a person with a laid back personality and aura. I would hope that the offering of alcohol would not change the current clientele of Starbucks in my area. As it seems now, you either are a Starbucks person, or you are not. I can't see this boosting their business significantly.

3. petesede

petesede Guest

We will have to wait and see. There are a few things in it´s favor. If it allows them to utilize their store and stay open longer, that is a win. Also, and this could be the biggest reason. Very few visitors will buy more than one coffee. But I would bet almost everyone would buy more than one glass of wine. I would be curious of the profit margin on liquor compared to their coffee.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I would absolutely go to Starbucks after a long hard day at work for a glass of wine. It is a nice relaxing atmosphere anyhow and there is one within walking distance from my home. Not only could I sit down and drink a little wine, but I would not have to worry about driving home afterward. I do not drink and drive at all, so it is not often that I get to sit down and have an alcoholic beverage outside of my home.