Search for escaped convicts from New York prison enters seventh day

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by BerndFoll, Jun 12, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

2. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm a BBC fan too. No sensationalism, no scaremongering, just information. The website examines the stories in more depth and even carries a few "explain it to a 5 year old" style articles which really demystify some of the world's events.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Today's news reports include a sighting of two men in Allegheny County in western New York and resources are "rushing to the scene." Not much coverage of the escape these days as the national media moved to Charleston, SC. I haven't seen any leaks yet as to why a Clinton prison guard was placed on administrative leave yesterday. It will take the follow up to a theft of transportation or a from a gas station to break the case.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

What I dint understand is why are the two still in the area? If they've managed to evade capture for so long you'd have thought they would have been able to skip to another state or something?

The longer it goes on, the less media attention this story is getting and that's going to work in their favour aswell.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I've been following the Twitter hash tag #nyprisonbreak for the Allegheny County NY manhunt. Best coverage with local inputs and pictures. Buffalo TV stations seem to have the lion's share of the media coverage. That said, nothing significant to report as of a few minutes ago. NYSP are continuing to stop and search cars on the local Interstate. The scanners are quiet.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Update — one of the escaped convicts is dead:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-york-prison-inmates-escaped-canada/29340153/
    The second escapee will be caught soon or maybe like his accomplice he might be shot dead. Since both were convicted murderers I think death is fair payment for their crime(s).

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Well it's certainly taking them long enough to catch them. The worrying thing is how easy it appears to be for people to escape.

Like you say we're talking about convicted murderers here. I guess it just shows that if somebody has their mind set on something, even the authorities struggle to do anything about it.

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Any update on the second convict?

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I would have thought that they would have gotten far out of the area very quickly - I figured they'd be well into Canada, Mexico, or farther away within a very short time. I suppose that was what they originally planned when the female prison employee was supposed to pick them up and drive them several hours away.

It's pretty funny to me that they never got very far away from the prison. I just hope the other guy gets caught or killed soon, and that they haven't hurt anyone.

10. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Guest

I still can't believe that woman actually thought those men weren't going to kill her when they got to wherever they were going. Perhaps, that's why she flaked out. If I were the remaining prisoner, I'd just kill myself. There is no way that I'd go back to the prison where I messed up the entire "honor block," nor would I live the rest of my days with those COs alternating between coming down hard on me and mocking me for my failure.