Search for escaped convicts from New York prison enters seventh day

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by BerndFoll, Jun 12, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

The national mainstream media lemmings rush from cliff to cliff trying to be first with the breaking news. I usually find the local press, knowing the people and the area, to be more interesting in situations like this. Read the hometown Malone Telegram -- http://www.mymalonetelegram.com/ -- here. The paper continues to cover the story even though Sweat continues to elude capture.

Some locals are posting in Twitter. For immediacy, search on hash tags #nyprisonbreak and #prisonbreakny as both are being used. No Twitter account? (If not, why not?) Google now integrates tweets into its search results.

There is not much to choose from in local radio station offerings -- http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/locate?select=city&city=malone&state=ny&x=14&y=7 -- streaming on the net.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Twitter, CNN and Fox News broke the story around 4 pm EDT today, Sunday, that Sweat was shot and captured in Constable, NY, about 2 miles from the Canadian border. CNN and Fox are reporting from this location at the intersection of Covington and Popular Roads. http://goo.gl/maps/q87sw Sweat has been transported by ambulance to Malone.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I feel for those who live in the area where this is all going down. One of the prisoners was gunned down by the police, while the other is still on the loose. The good news is that police believe that they have encircled the other prisoner and it is only a matter of time before he is caught now. They figure that he is starting to get hungry and tired and will surface soon enough.

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Maybe they are going somewhere where they would not expect them, which is close to home. I understand the thinking.

5. AtlantaSports

This is very good news, though it was interesting to hear about this ongoing chase.

6. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Guest

I do have to say that it's interesting how these guys who are known to have guns and in the case of that one that eluded capture for two weeks or so after he shot a trooper, they don't seem to have the 100% shoot to kill target on their backs like the average, run of the mill, unarmed citizen that has the misfortune to just walk up the stairs of their own apartment building or sell cigarettes on a corner.

7. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Yes, I would not call it interesting, but at the same time I do understand what you are saying. It seems subjective to say the least, some are shot down for no reason while others are handled with care.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I guess the main thing here is that they have both been caught but I think with the length of time it's taken, and how they escaped in the first place, there are going to be questions asked that will need answering.

I'd also like to know who and how many people helped these two evade capture for so long because I can't see them doing it all themselves.

9. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

It's filtered, but unfortunately only the pure BS gets through their filters for a reason or another. As unfiltered as the Internet might seem, it's more reliable in the long-term.

10. AtlantaSports

I am curious to see as to how they escaped from that prison in the first place. I'm pretty sure that someone is getting fired, though.