Segregation In Schools Is Coming Back

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

The reality is everyone is self segregatting. Black people move to black neighborhoods, whites move to whites etc. But no body is allowed to talk about it because it is politically incorrect to mention. It is natural that people want to stay with people who have common interests. There has been a massive exodus of white people out of London in Britain.

If they want to have a gay school why not ?

2. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

This sounds way too far fetch to even be remotely plausible. The article doesn't appear to be credible and I wonder why it isn't all over the so-called "mainstream liberal left wing loving media" if this is the case. Come on. You can't believe everything you come across and I wish for once an article pertaining to discrimination doesn't evoke the name Al Sharpton. I get it. Al Sharpton is the big boogey man to some conservatives and his persona has been exaggerated beyond my imagination. Anyway, I think there's far more to the story than the article is mentioning.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Ok, so this is a school that the parents are for I take it? I assume then it is going to be a private school and not a public One since they are limited who can attend it. I really see no difference in this than in like a private Christian school or performing arts school. Perhaps the parents are just worried and want to make sure their kids get an education without being bullied.

4. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

From what I read it is a private school. While it, frankly, sounds like a questionable idea, if parents want to spend their money to send their kiddo there, more power to them. All kinds of religious and secular private schools exist. For example, when my kids are old enough to go to school, they're going to a private institution because I don't want them going to the open septic tank that is public education.

If, however, this school is getting public funds, it is utter BS and totally illegal. Taxpayer dollars can't go towards a segregated school, regardless on what lines it is broken down upon (e.g., sexual orientation, race, religion, etc.).

5. ally79

ally79 Guest

I am not really sure why you don't think that it is a legitimate story, it was from a legitimate paper. If they get the money to fund it, which is what they are working on, and it opens then it might find more press coverage. I doubt Al Sharpton would give a hoot about this though because black families are allowed.

6. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

That is weird, has it reached an extent of going that far? soon there will be school of the proud,school of the bright and so on, and it all comes back to the question you asked how would someone know that their three year old is gay.I do not thim=nk it is worth it.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I don't understand why people seem to be so obsessed with race, class, and sex these days. Personally I don't think twice about these things unless someone else brings them up. It's really harmful for a society to be focused on trivial issues. It all goes back to treating others how you would like to be treated. It's as simple as that for me personally. Dividing people by race class and gender only forments hatred and division. And eventually revolution.

8. owesem75

owesem75 Well-Known Member

I cannot truly understand what is happening to the world. If these group of people wanted to be accepted by the society.. then why SEPARATE, SEGREGATE or whatever you call it.

If one will say, "they are separating against those who dislike them".. so why discriminate those who like them? discrimination is a very broad in essence.. it is either you like it or not.. it is either white or black... it's this or that...

very soon, we will have houses for short people only.. cars for tall people, etc. etc. it will never stop.. until we learn how to accept without putting ourselves within a boundary and setting limits for this and that.

9. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

It makes me curious to see if the education and curriculum are differing from the "straight" schools.

10. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I think that this is the very first example of a self-segregation in America.