Setting Up A Plc To Trade?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by James Bullen, Jul 29, 2018.

1. James Bullen

James Bullen New Member

Hi all!

I’m currently full time employed, however I’m also a very active private investor in terms of shares, bonds, commodities etc etc.

I’ve been doing this for quite a while and I like to think I’ve got some good knowledge, i’ve also made a good profit from it. 2 family members and 1 friend now want to start giving me their capital to invest, as they aren’t too familiar with trading. I want to do this, because it’d quadruple the funds I’ve got to invest with, maximise dividends and further nullifiy dealing costs such as commissions etc - also to be perfectly honest it’s always been a minor dream to run a company in investing, just far more attractive and ‘big time’ than investing personally.

Of course, they could just give me the money to invest in my personal dealings and I’ll dish out the profits, but they (and I) want something more concrete, efficient and professional.

Please bear in mind I’m a newbie to owning/starting a business, but this is what I had in mind:

A private limited company, with myself as the majority shareholder/CEO and my family/friend being minority shareholders. Shares would be brought through the company (is this possible/easy?), then profits could be distributed depending on the share distribution. I’m not a total idiot don’t worry, I do understand this would have greater tax implications!

I’m asking on here because I can find absolutely no answer to this anywhere else online, I’m not sure if that’s because it’s simply not doable legally, or because it’s not common.

My worry would be being misinterpreted as some sort of investment fund/trust.

Any advice is much appreciated