Share your stock picks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Penny, Jul 19, 2015.

1. coloradogy

coloradogy Active Member

Missed some items on Lyondellbasell. If you look at their EBITDA for the last two quarters, both times it broke company records. This is highly impressive given the market downturn due to oil prices dropping. Even in the fourth quarter of 2014, if you removed the LCM expense, Lyondellbasell beat their third quarter earnings. Each quarter, the EBITDA tends to be better than the previous quarter and this past quarter's EBITDA was greater than 2 billion. The ratio of Lyondellbasell's long term debt to the annualized EBITDA is one. This speaks favorably towards their ability to completed the mirage of growth projects they have planned: new propylene oxide plant, new polyethylene plant, debottlenecks at their various US olefin crackers, and a TEG expansion at their existing ethylene oxide plant. Essentially, Lyondellbasell has the balance sheet to have organic growth even during the market down turn.

2. rbarsom

rbarsom New Member

HSHS Hashing Space Bitcoin Play!

For the long term, old sport.

3. microb

microb New Member

US Tech 100 is great personally. It is always volatile but knowing that tech is going to be required for a while it is always on the rise. My portfolio consists of them and USA Athletic just to even out the spread.

4. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

TCO for long term dividend returns is my next investment. Reinvesting returns should see a decent trickle of passive income over time.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Might be adding a tiny batch (reinvesting dividends) of JNJ next week. Hard to get any more solid than JNJ for the long term.

6. rbarsom

rbarsom New Member

While it seems like blue chip stocks are the way to go I have found that regardless of your investment goals in the long term you lose out. many things add to this demise. That's why I always put a little into my speculative stocks. HSHS is Hashingspace . Get some for the longterm.

7. petesede

petesede Guest

I picked a stock a month ago, and it is getting killed. It was just a gamble pick, slightly more than 1k. I am hoping it turns around, just for my ego.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

haha, I feel you. I also use around $1k for my risky picks and some of them have gotten hammered. Others have done quite well. But that's just the nature of the business... and these are risky picks we are talking about.

For my long term stuff... I don't care where the price goes. I just hold and enjoy the dividend stream. :)

9. petesede

petesede Guest

Yeah, the money is nothing, so far I am down less than $200 on this one.. but I hate being wrong :) If you want to watch my failure, I bought TNP which is a greek shipping company last month at 9.40 I have nothing left to buy, so I am just going to hold it for the time being and see what happens.

10. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I would almost hazard to say that Apple is starting to look a bit more interesting at the moment. The disappointment relating to the Apple Watch is working it's way out through the stock, plus the noise coming out of China. If we saw a bit of a broad-based market sell off that dragged it down I would be quite interested.