Short Selling Ukrainian hryvnia/USD: Short term or long term?

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by Mr.RC, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Mr.RC

Mr.RC Member

Hello All,

I was just thinking about the Russia and Ukraine crisis and looked up how it effected the Ukrainian currency (for they were the ones in trouble, and they were the ones who would face either a short or long term economic crisis). I saw that the hryvnia to USD had dropped dramatically; so had the hryvnia to (Russian currency)ruble. My question is: should this be a long or short term event for Ukraine?

2. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Good question. I see it as a long term problem as 'austerity' (as if things aren't austere enough in Ukraine), is the plan. Think Greece imo. In any event, I think trading the hryvnia is a risky business and only for the very experienced. I wouldn't touch it personally but if you want to risk it, do not risk more than you are prepared to lose.

3. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

UKRAINE'S LOCAL CURRENCY IDR CUT TO CCC FROM B- BY FITCH.

Fitch about to be sued by NATO :)

4. Shibu Lavin

Shibu Lavin Senior Investor

Flexibility in using different trading approaches is needed because the market hasn’t the same condition always. Forex goes through different situations owing to economic instability. With Eurotrader broker, you will face no technical errors while trading.