Siblings put a baby in an oven and turn it on

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Alex, Nov 24, 2015.

1. phoenix2015

phoenix2015 Well-Known Member

Good God! That is horrible. What was the kid thinking? How do authorities even begin to act in this situation? I...I'm speechless............

2. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

Wow. No words for this one. Just completely idiotic on the parents part. Can't imagine how psychologically damaging this will be to the other kids when they are older. They probably copied a cartoon or read Hansel and Gretel.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I think the family dynamics in this situation were complicated, as the children may have had different fathers too. Despite the mother being irresponsible you do wonder about the siblings and whether they consciously knew what they were doing.

They can't prosecute them, however, given the situation I hope the state provides psychiatric evaluations on them for a long time. Who knows if they will cause harm to others? I'm not sure any foster family would want children that have put a baby in an oven and switched it on.

4. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

The other child definitely need to have psychiatric evaluations to see what is going on in their heads. They obviously did not have a healthy upbringing. It will take a special foster family to deal with the issues that these children have. They are still young so hopefully they can help them before it is too late.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Goodness, this is terrible!:/ I pity the child for suffering such a death. And how on earth does the other children even think of such a thing? And how on earth does a mother leave her baby to just children? Lots of things are wrong in here. And now she's having another baby? Oh no! Shouldn't she at least be held responsible for her wrongdoings? And I don't think I can even think of having another child with an incident like this.

6. lucy2017

lucy2017 Member

That is terrible!
    And in all honesty, you cannot really blame the three year old, they obviously hadn't been taught right from wrong. And yet they will have to deal with the fact they killed there sibling for the rest of their life. I personally feel as though the mother should be charged with murder or at the very least manslaughter.

7. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

This is called murder! People are sick these days.

8. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

You are right in that sense. But it's alarming that they knew how to open an oven at that age already. Or maybe the mother has left it plugged in? Goodness, this story just has so many loopholes.

I thought of that as well! Or maybe she isn't even capable of taking care of her kids? Maybe they should be put in welfare until all this has been sorted out.