silver sourcing

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by starbengal, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Brad321

Brad321 Active Member

It is always nice to see first-hand accounts of which dealers are the most reliable and have the best pricing on silver.

I like Northwest Territorial Mint (nwtmint.com). They have a wide variety of bars and rounds in various sizes and shipping is included so you know what the true cost is delivered to your door. The customer service is great and the price is good. Call them if you are buying volume and see if they can shave a little of the premium off for you.

Provident Metals (providentmetals.com) is another great source if you get on their email list and watch for specials from them. Last month they had a sale for just 29 cents over spot on silver rounds. Their everyday prices aren't horrible, but not the best. You always have a little trade-off for the peace of mind in dealing with a top-tier, reputable dealer that you know will stand by everything they do.

Last, but not least... don't forget ebay. I have never had a problem with a transaction on ebay when buying silver or gold. With both ebay and PayPal Buyer Protection, you have recourse if there are any problems. Takes a little diligence to find the great deals, but I have bought under spot many times on ebay.

Sure liked seeing that drop to $17.30 spot Sunday night right after trading resumed in Hong Kong. It is a great time to stack some silver.

2. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

From what I have seen the cheapest very high quality silver in a simple to purchase form is by far apmex.