Special ID For Muslims?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Trump says should he be president special IDs that notes their religion will be issued to Muslims.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...icans-special-identification-tracking-mosques
    But he isn't the first person to suggest that all Muslims should be spied on. It would be discriminatory but since most people committing terrorist acts happen to be Muslims the government can't be too careful? Would you support such stringent measures to combat terrorism?

2. 111kg

111kg Guest

Trump is an idiot. You can't say or do this without people remembering about the Nazis. And come on, will the bad guys really be afraid of not having their special ID with them or not being registered? I think that it's against of constitution of the USA, reason why such a measure will never take place.

What they can do, however, is to:
    1) stop giving the American citizenship to the people who come from the Muslim countries. But this won't happen due to the friendship with the Saudi Arabia.
    2) enforce the intelligence services to do whatever it takes to prevent terrorist groups;
    3) deport any person who is linked to helping the radical Muslims or send them in a federal prison for a loooong period of time.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

This. Any person who has been proven to be linked with terrorist organisations should simply be put on the first flight back to his home country and obviously refused entry into the western world. It really is as simple as that. If they are dual citizens, revoke their citizenship and deport them. If they are only citizens of the USA (or any other western country for that matter) then I guess we have no other choice but to lock them up for good.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I'm also not sure how that's going to work to be honest, and while I'm sure that Trump as it working perfectly in his own little world (like most of his ideas) I'm not sure he's actually thought much about how he's going to implement the idea.

Any suggestions? Because I'm not sure either, or if something like that even can be implemented in the first place.

5. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

Trump thinks like a dictator. Those "special" IDs are the same as putting the star of David on Jews during the Holocaust! It's descriminatory, disrespectful and utterly despicable of him to even suggest it. This is not the way not all Muslims are terrorists. The attacks in Paris were made by Islamic extremists not a whole religion.

6. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Oh yeah, what a wonderful idea not! If we think this country is in a mess now, which I am not really convinced it is.in many respects..just elect President Trump. You will see how bad things would really get. He keeps talking about what a success he is, and he is, but don't forget several of his businesses took advantage of bankruptcy laws, other wise his fortune would be vastly dimininished. Even if I liked him, his ideas make me totally nervous. Yeah, IDing muslims, great!!

7. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

Oof. I mean I'm all about having frank conversations about the influence of Islam regarding what we refer to as the War on Terror, but that's a bridge too far. I mean why not some good ol' apartheid while we're at it?

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The left on the whole wants as many muslims (and other immigrants) in the country as possible because most of them vote Dem. They want open borders, blanket amnesty, and as much welfare as possible for as many as possible to secure more votes. This includes criminals who hide out in sanctuary cities and others.

Some elites on the right and left both want the same things, mainly because more immigrants = more cheap labor and consumers for their business interests.

I'm not a big fan of Trump's ideas on the whole. But we do need borders and to enforce existing immigration laws. The Obama admin does not even do this because of political correctness and the other reasons I mentioned.

"Kate's Law" is also a very good idea.

9. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Trump is simply the image of the "angry white male" resentment. When he comes into power all hell will break loose, mainly cause his answers are too late to implement. You can't send Mexicans back to Mexico without riots, nor can you treat Muslims like Nazi era Jews without a negative payback. As I was saying, if the US wanted to be tough on these issues, they had countless years where it could have gotten away with it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  10. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I don't think religious discrimination will work and that ID is not only discrimination but a sort of persecution for Muslims no matter if terrorists are all Muslims. That divisive law can only work well in a dictatorship but not in a democracy or even in a communist country. China has that Uyghur tribe who are dominantly Muslims. They are being persecuted and driven away but since they have nowhere to go, they remain in China and the government which do not like them cannot do anything about it.