Special ID For Muslims?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Nov 21, 2015.

1. petesede

petesede Guest

That is why this ´war´ will never end. People in the west do not realize it, but when we flatten a country like Iraq with cruise missles, we kill tens of thousands of woman and children, and they view it as terrorism. Somehow flying a plane into a building is horrible, but dropping a cruise missie on an apartment building in the middle of the night is bravery? Every time we bomb places, we create thousands of people who hate us for killing innocent family members.

What is missing in this conversation is any mention of empathy.. of trying to figure out why the other side feels the way they do. The right wing whackos say it is because their religion teaches it to them, but the truth is it is the thousands of cruise missiles we drop on them that teaches them to hate us and want to kill us.

2. petesede

petesede Guest

Except of course for Oklahoma city, Waco, the guy who shot up the church in SC. It is funny how we exclude all the non-muslim ones when we want to hate a particular religion. Heck, the KKK is an evangelical christian based organization.. you want me to carry a card because I am evangelical?

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I doubt it could ever become legislation, so it's empty talk that hasn't been thought through as to the validity of it. Nor have the implications for and against it been considered. If it were to be the case, how would those in favor like Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientologists to have special ID?

You can't have one rule for one religion and not for others. It was bad enough in the early days when Catholics were frowned upon, and the tensions were bad then, and in Ireland it still is an issue with some people. One should learn from history and not make the same mistakes.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The loony left is starting to say that everything the west says and does that is not PC and in compliance with sharia is "an Isis recruitment tool".

Basically, as long as we don't have sharia law or gun control, have freedom of speech, have Gitmo open, have a 2-party political system, still use fossil fuels, and allow women to drive, vote, and show their faces in public - we're causing the radical islam loons to bomb us, rape our women, and behead homosexuals. It's all our fault. :rolleyes:

5. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

People choose carefully who they are linked to though these days and distance themselves from those who they do not wish to be associated with. It maybe hard with family ties, but people do change their names in order to do so. In the hey day of the Mafia, it was all about who was linked by blood. In the recent San Bernadino case, it was a case of an old school friend and neighbor that supplied guns. When authorities investigate, links is what they work on. If you don't wish to be linked, then do your due diligence on your friends. It maybe unavoidable in some cases, but those remotely linked could still provide information to authorities.

6. Ohh22

Ohh22 Member

I kind of think everything Trump says is stupid. He is a very blunt person and I find him to be rude in some things but correct at other things. He is not politically correct at all. I don't know if he is president material. This whole Muslim thing is back and fourth. I'm not sure really.

7. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I think Muslims are already discriminated and are identified by what they wear, how they look (men with beards), and their names. People don't need them to be identified as the public perception against them has been heightened.

Sadly you see or hear a Muslim name and it can make you think twice about things or about that person, or to see a man with a beard carrying a backpack, people are already wary. This will take a very long time to quell, and of course it's wrong, but the public have been conditioned into thinking this way already.

8. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

So it is not going to be The Trump's List. This guy has some crazy ideas. Although this can be useful it is too degrading to people. Of course we think of Jewish people in WW2. I don't get this. What do you think, if he actually wins will he do these things? This is really radical and very close to dictatorship. The scariest thing in all this is the fact he has followers. A big bunch of them actually. What happened with the land of democracy and opportunity?

9. 111kg

111kg Guest

This is not a bad thing. Politically correctness has never been a good thing, mainly because it has/had exactly the opposite effect: it was made in order to not to offend people from certain communities; however, instead of solving the problems, people found out ways to exploit the system and, in the name of political correctness, abused a lot of other people with different opinions, calling them racist or xenophobic. People are too afraid to really speak what's on their mind because they are afraid of these things and that, my friend, it's not democracy.

And the worst thing about it is the fact that the only reason why people want and do everything possible to be politically correct is because they want to feel superior, not because they really believe what they're saying.

10. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

Political correctness exists because it is how a modern society functions. Without it, it leads to wars, disputes, protests, assassinations. There is a fine line between political correctness and not telling the truth. If the truth is bigoted and immoral, it's an opinion one is entitled to in private, but in public it can be used against someone legally. Obviously if Trump had no other career to fall back on he may not be so carefree with his words, but all the other candidates know the unspoken rules of the game.