Spirituality

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rosyrain, Sep 6, 2015.

1. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I am a Humanist. I believe in the works of God and man. I enjoy reading philosophy and psychology. I'm spiritual in the sense that I believe in a Higher Being and in the energy of the Earth and it's people. I don't dismiss superstitions and myths so easily. I still want to be awed by magic and love everyday that I'm alive.

2. Amin

Amin Guest

I'm not spiritual at all, I'm very materialistic. I think we humans are intellegent animals who shouldn't live, because we can become aware that life is all pointless. However, I just pursue happiness and try to be successful.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I've been thinking about this and realized that any one who claims to be "spiritual" must prove himself/herself with actions. Doing good deeds [acts of kindness] is proof that you love others. If God is love anyone who is godly must reflect His Essence — love. If you don't love everyone then you are neither spiritual nor religious.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While I haven't really thought about it much, I wouldn't say that I'm very spiritual and I'm definitely not religious. I think a person just knows what they are from an early age without sitting down and analysing themselves, it's something that you just are, you can't teach yourself to be more spiritual.

5. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Pretty much, who cares if I am going to church or to a temple if when I get out of there I live a profane life or an evil life. Spirituality is proven through our actions.

6. Amin

Amin Guest

on the contrary my friend, being spiritual or material totally depends on what surrounds us in early ages specially adolescence, I used to be a hardcore muslim a few years ago but now I'm 100 percent atheist.

7. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member

By ‘spirituаl’ pеоplе imply оpеn-mindеdnеss аnd by ‘rеligiоn’ сlоsе-mindеdnеss.
    But асtuаlly, ‘spirituаl’ wе rеfеr tо а stаtе оf соnsсiоusnеss аnd ‘rеligiоus’ wе rеfеr tо а prосеss tо асhiеvе thаt stаtе оf соnsсiоusnеss.
    Thе intеntiоn undеrlying this dеsirе tо bе ‘spirituаl-nоt-rеligiоus’ is lаudаblе, but its аppliсаtiоn is quеstiоnаblе. Usuаlly, thе intеntiоn is thаt wе shоuld bе brоаd-mindеd, nоt nаrrоw-mindеd. Thаt intеntiоn is finе, but is thе undеrlying impliсаtiоn truе? Is it truе thаt spirituаlity mаkеs us brоаd-mindеd аnd rеligiоn mаkеs us nаrrоw-mindеd?

8. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

I do actually but I don't know whether I picked it up in the process or it was all about some genes. I really cannot define spirituality. I don't know what it is. I don't know why it is but I was always drawn to the old eastern things like Buddhism and yoga. I like to meditate, to go an hike all alone to a nearest mountain and enjoy the silence there all by myself. Even when I write about it I feel the energy and spirituality is probably just a term, a way for us to explain unexplainable like we always do.