Stock Investing Tv Shows To Watch?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Turbolag, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

So when I’m at the gym sometimes they have this stock investing show on and they are talking about the latest news and the ones to buy, etc. I can’t think of the name of the show. But I saw some stocks to look up and research. Are there any stock shows you guys would recommend that make good picks?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

You can pick up bits of interesting info throughout the day watching CNBC and Fox Biz. But the vast majority of what is said should probably not be acted upon. Much of what is said throughout the 10-12 hours or so of daily programming is just chatter.

You might get a good idea or 2 from every 30-60 minutes of programming on a good day, but I would definitely not act upon much of anything without doing homework on it first. And much of what you hear that may turn out to be good info make take a while to pan out. Maybe 1-2 of the 10-20 stocks Cramer or the Fast Money guys talk about during their 60 minute programs might be a good idea to look into, but you definitely don't want to hang on their every words.

You should also keep in mind that when a large investor or money manager speaks of buying this or that that it may be one of hundreds of positions in their portfolio, and that they are probably buying a relatively small amount.

If you want to find out what the very best and biggest investors are doing (Buffett, Icahn, Peltz, Steve Cohen, Ray Dalio, et al), you can get this info online for free by checking SEC filings.