Stock Market after Paris Attacks

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by turt, Nov 15, 2015.

1. turt

turt Guest

What do you think is going to happen to the market this week due to the attacks?

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I'm also positive that no other market and economies would be affected by the attack on Paris. However, there will be an indirect effect on the stock market particularly to countries close to France in the coming weeks. But for now, I'm sure stock brokers are extra cautious with their trading and everyone is observing the behavior of the stocks, not only in the US but also in the European market.

4. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I don't think there will be that much of an effect, if anything it will be stable. The G20 summit is more of an issue though and what comes about from it. Paris may have closed for a couple of days, but not enough to make an effect that would be long lasting like the Greek crisis.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The attacks were expected to cause "short term global market drops" and they did virtually everywhere. Investors, according to an article I read are worried about the possible economic effects of the attack. But it will be temporary. Stocks will bounce back up after some time.

6. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

No Impact on Global Markets expected after Paris Attack, EUR and GBP are well balanced.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While there might be an effect on the markets because of the attacks, I don't think it will be out of proportion.

Anytime there's an act like this people become uneasy, but at the same time when your talking about the global markets, I wouldn't have thought there would be a huge fluctuation and I'm not worried for the moment anyway.

8. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

I agree, If We check Technically, CAC40 was in correction mode and it did normal correction. If some traders attached this event with correction. nothing to say.Hope they made some profit and France is part of EU,EUR digested this correction very easily.

9. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Any drop (if any) will be temporary and the figures will soon bounce back to the levels of before.

I've been watching things and since the attacks the markets have been pretty level. I mean I have not seen anything out of the ordinary.

10. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

With an hour to go before the European markets close the French CAC 40 is sitting at 4804.02, down just 0.008% from last Friday's close. The impact of the attacks is minimal at best. President Hollander is currently speaking to law makers while Obama is blathering on with 20-minute answers to questions posed at the opening of the G-20 summit in Turkey.