Stock market correction in October ?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Fredrick Jones, Jun 3, 2015.

1. PipCurrencies

PipCurrencies Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is into numerology and the Bible who is trying to convince me that something big is going to happen in the markets during September or October. It bothers me because I have respect for Scripture but I don't believe for one second that the purpose of Scripture is to help me time the markets. I could just as easily say that the tea leaves or Miss Cleo have told me that something big is going to happen at that time and if something does then Bingo! Miss Cleo's the Man (ahem) in a manner of speaking.

And where were all the experts soothsayers when the CHF unpeggegged from the EUR earlier this year?

2. petesede

petesede Guest

well, I made my Greece play today. Got into TNP at 9.40 I think it is going to be an easy 10% inside of 2 months.

About numerology.. haha, I have a hard time accepting technical analysis as anything but slight-of-hand.. to use numbers from the Bible? how would that even work? Romans 10:15 talks about a stone falling, so octorber 2015 means a crash in the stock market?

3. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

target 17550 almost achieved, low in 15 sessions 17576, now situation is, Dow30,Monthly MA 20SMA-20EMA, 17160-16993 (investing.com)indicating sharp upmove above 18000

4. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Buy in dips market

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

This is my tactic aswell, though I do try to time the market a little more than what you described. I buy regularly but I do have quite a bit of cash on the side which will only come into play if there is a bigger dip in the market. And also leverage is possible if the prices start getting really cheap.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Hope it works out for you! I also did a little buying last week, no Greece related companies but I thought I would spend some of my cash after the markets slid down a little. Just a bit of JNJ, HON and CM.TO.

7. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Check 100SMA-100EMA gap, at current stage 17990 and 17898, another side daily and monthly williams%r overbought, Daily and Monthly Stoch overbought, if any big correction for monthly 20SMA-20EMA in 16993-17160 range gap of 100SMA-EMA gap will get more bigger. result sharp recovery, (17795 is most important profit booking point.) If index stayed above that, 1st 18000 and then correction, if touched monthly 20SMA 1st. sharp recovery, why both side views ? because, Greece Govt. resign voting situation, EUR/USD selling comes from above 1.13 or from current stage 1.11. USD get stronger against Euro from 1.13 or from current stage. depends on Greece voting factor. book profit near 17795 and wait for buying opportunity, this is best thing for next 2 weeks by my analysis

8. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Hedging Funds will make most profit in next 2 weeks, according to healthy range for this month.

9. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

Hopefully this is all a storm in a teacup and in six months we'll be all wondering what the fuss was about with Greece and also the China market. Unfortunately, I don't think this week's going to be the end of it all. Time to hold on tight for the ride!

10. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

It's a shame that the citizens of the country have to deal with the crap that the Greek higher ups do. It's just terrible. I am expecting a revolt there soon.