Stock Market Gains, but the “Super Crash” Is Accelerating

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Rainman, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The market volatility hasn't come to an end despite assurances that the worst is over and the market might be on the rise for an indefinite time or at least until the Fed hikes the rates. Some "experts" are certain that it won't be long before there is a super crash.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article52619.html

After an incessant flow of bad economic news from both the U.S. and abroad, investors decided that "bad news is good news" and they should bid up stock prices . . .

Markets are likely correct that the Fed isn't going to raise rates by year end. My bet is that they won't raise them as long as President Obama is in office.

But that doesn't mean those same markets are reaching the right conclusion in bidding up stock prices. A weak global economy that is on the verge of recession is bad for stocks . . . there's no doubt much of last week's strong gains in stocks was due to short covering.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

IMHO just another scare piece to promote business for the web site mentioned within.

3. hs0zfe

hs0zfe Active Member

Well, I would disagree. Raising rates might be seen as a sign of belief in the strength of the U.S. economy. Remember how the market reacted to the FED not raising

in September?!?

FED insiders who sound off should be prosecuted and hauled before Congress for market manipulation. Hundreds of times, public speeches, interviews, you name it. Yellen herself has been guilty, too. About 2 weeks ago she made statements... If Apple's CEO was to do the same, he would get the sack and AAPL would get sued...

4. hs0zfe

hs0zfe Active Member

Not sure about that. But trouble's brewing in Europe. Germany is about to descend in to chaos. (No, I'm not some white supremacist etc.).

How much do you pay for a kw/h of electricity? In Germany, the retail rate is about $ 0.28. That empress in Berlin made the emotional decision to shut off nuclear power stations. No caring about rights granted by the constitution. Energy companies are suing - and the price has been xxx bn and counting.

Not sure if she is deranged or keen on harming her people and the other 27 EU member states?

Am very Bearish on EU indices. Check France's unemployment. And read up on the TARGET 2 I.O.U.s the Bundesbank holds but won't ever collect on... Or the fact that Germany has yet to write off debt sunk in Greece. (Greece owes >10 of those IOUs...)

Higher taxes and the perception of a breakdown of law and order based on Germany letting in anyone and everyone since September 4th.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016