StockTwits Mobile Real Time Notifications

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by baudwalk, Jul 19, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

2. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

What kind of short term trends do you use? I kind of gave up on that approach and buy and hold, for value or dividends. But if this tool opens up other options I would be happy to hear abou then.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Think of StockTwits as a focused Twitter. Breaking financial and market news, earnings reported after hours, comments about unusual options or price actions as it happens, references to new articles published on the many and varied financial web sites, etc. Also grousing and grumbling about collapsing stock prices which I look at occasionally for ideas on buying on oversold dips. Common sense filters out the pump and dump crap. I've been following StockTwits for many years, and my sixth sense works for me. I am not a day trader by any means, as mentioned in other threads. Q&A is doable, like Twitter. One has to develop a taste for StockTwits, as with any social media platform and this board.

As mentioned in another thread, I use Seeking Alpha in a similar way. Heads up stuff, ideas to explore.

Both sources also give me ideas for stocks to add watch lists.

These apps/sites work for me, but I know StockTwits and Seeking Alpha aren't for everyone. I suggest there is a "learning curve" to extract benefits. HTH. YMMV.

4. atanasster

atanasster Active Member

+1 on stocktwits, smallest noise ratio since they removed OTC stocks