Super bowl teen prostitution ring busted

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Gomer, Feb 17, 2014.

1. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Exactly! Society these days expect women to be sexy (high heels, cleavage, look good in lingerie) but GOD FORBID any woman actually have sex. Sheesh

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Call me conservative (?), but for me sex is something we have because we want to, because we feel the desire to, and not something we do to get money, somehow it doesn't seem right to me.

3. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Some people enjoy having sex for money...? If that's the reasoning you want to use, then you're pretty much saying "nobody can enjoy getting paid to have sex" which is untrue. Besides, ideally, people should marry each other for love, but that's not the case, is it?

4. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Teen prostitution happens in almost all parts of the world. Even here in my part of the world it really exists. It might be because of poverty and lack of income opportunities. There's a great need for money in order to survive but only a few choices exist. This makes some women resort to easy ways of earning money, it's just sad that even the young ones have to do it too.

5. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

This is a really sad situation specifically because a lot of people who are doing this are really young, and not only woman are doing this... But as sad it sounds, I don't think that it will stop, it's a business! Are people paying for those services, and there are people being payed for it and putting their lives in risk. I'm not sure what can be done for this situation.

6. petesede

petesede Guest

I live in a country where prostitution is legal. How it happens is different than most people imagine. First off, very few women stand on the street or work in brothels, instead what they do is called ´pre-paids´.. basically they go out with guys they would probably go out with anyway... but there is just guaranteed sex at the end. Or you have a lot of 40ish men who pay for the apartment for a college girl with the expectation of occasional visits. It is much closer to a normal relationship than what we think about in the USA. In fact, it does happen exactly like this in the USA, but it is just presents or favors, and not money directly. There isn´t a lot of prostitution with strangers, mostly it is within the girls social group.

The interesting thing here is that pimping is VERY illegal. Nobody can act as a manager for a woman, nor take any money for any part of the process. The women always have a choice on who they go out with.