Take Two Interactive: GTA V re-release for next gen consoles

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Mr.RC, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Mr.RC

Mr.RC Member

Hello everyone,

As many of you may know, Grand Theft Auto V (or simply GTA V) was a heavily anticipated game which sold more than 32.5 million copies worldwide, where Take Two Interactive (the producers of the game) and Rockstar (the publishers) had profited tremendously from this. Now, Take Two is going to re-release the game for next generation consoles (the PS4, Xbox One) and possibly PC. How do you guys think this is going to play out? Will people who have both current and next generation consoles spend $60 to get a copy of GTA V for their next generation copies? What are your takes on how this will affect the TTWO (Take Two Interactive) stock?

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Never played the game so I don't know if they would add some DLC to the next-gen consoles or not. If Take Two Interactive wants to put the game on the next-gen consoles then they need to add something to the existing story. I think the stock would fluctuate depending on how the game turns out. Hopefully things go well and sales stay consistent.

3. Mr.RC

Mr.RC Member

I see. DLC always tends to keep the video game industry going, for it always adds more things for people to do in the game; at the same time, the company/industry profit from this tremendously. Hope TTWO shows off what they can do so it profits!

4. askanison

askanison Guest

I think they may spike a bit, but I know as a gamer I am not going to go and buy a game I already own again just because it is on a new system. I have all my old consoles along with my PS4. I have a hub set up to switch out between the consoles so I won't have to go buy the "new" game for the "new" system. Are they offering new gameplay options or something or is it the same game just better textures and graphics?

5. Mr.RC

Mr.RC Member