take your time and live consciously

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Amin, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Amin

Amin Guest

When we are aware of our choices, we can work on our attitudes, increase efficiency and be happier. generally to live with full conciousness we need to break those attitudes and habits that destroys life.
    we're our own worst enemies when we indulge in behaviors that sabotage our lives, I mean some of us have some serious attitude problems that we haven't overcome yet. not a single person makes the effort to consciously weigh out the pros and cons of their habits, even if they knew themselves and their habits. Living consciously is deciding to use our special privilege, choosing...
    I sometimes sit back with a cigarette in hand and take the time to think and live consciously...(don't do the cigarette part guys I know it's bad and I'm working on it)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

The cigarette thing was interesting, as you've said you made the decision of smoke that cigarette but, have you stopped to thing about how damaging is smoking for you?
    You're right, everyday we are making choices that are directly affecting our future, we need to be really careful about that but not a lot of people thinks that this is a big deal...

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

We do need to be careful about how we live our lives so that we can live up to our greatest potential. Just going through the motions of life is not enough. Try to make the biggest impact as you can on the world.

4. evelin

evelin Well-Known Member

Good advice, though I believe you've pointed the exact problem with most people in the world: they don't know how to control their lives. I've personally managed to find somewhat of a balance in my life, but other people seem to struggle so much due to unknown reasons to myself. Interesting point of view nevertheless...

Anyway, also keep us updated on your cigarette addiction! I also smoke 1-2 a day. :(

5. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

This is kinda like meditating and I recommend that people should slow down too. Slowing down makes you thoughtful in word and deed, it makes you open to other points of view and increases positive thinking. I'd like to think I'm a kind and compassionate person because I've always been inclined to the earth and all that it represents. People should go out more and stop to smell the roses.

6. MJAlex

MJAlex Member

There's a lack of understanding as to how actions impact others, and I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. It gives me hope that there are mindful people out there.

If we are to live life to the fullest and be the best people we can be, there will be a positive impact on those around us, in my opinion. Whether it takes religion to get one there, or just a mindset, it's rather important to daily life.

7. Amin

Amin Guest

I used to smoke a pack a day some days even more but it's been month since I've cut down to something like 7-8 cigs a day and gonna reach 4-5 cigarettes a day..

8. jbepp

jbepp Member

I do agree that we have to live consciously, but living consciously could also be living in a way deemed dangerous or reckless by other people. The freedom to do good isn;t really freedom, true freedom also take into accounts that some individuals may choose a path of life toxic for himself.

9. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I agree that for us to be able to live more meaningfully on this earth, we do have to live our lives consciously. We should take into consideration the impact of our thoughts and actions on our lives and the people around us. Sometimes we might not be seeing it but even the smallest action we do can tremendously affect another individual. We live in a world where each life is somehow interconnected with each other. Whatever action we decide to do, we should think about it carefully first and be the most responsible person we could be as much as possible.

10. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I really like the idea from this thread. Just recently I had vacations and I could spend a lot of time with my kids and I managed to noticed that time for them doesn't exist, they have their own time and I think we should all have that.