Texas officer suspended after pool party video shows him pulling gun on teens

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JoshPosh, Jun 8, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I also have to admit I'm not sure what all the fuss is about either. While it's true that the situation could have been handled better, I also think if the kids would have done as they where told in the first place, the situation wouldn't have escalate in the manner it did.

Either way, I don't think it's worth making it into headline news which is what has happened.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Big brother doesn't need to watch you anymore. There are thousands of eyes on the street willing and very eager to humiliate you on social media. In the heat of the moment people seem to forget this. Do something bad in public whether you are a cop or not, expect the worst. A lesson to cops and anyone else who thinks they can get away with abusing their power.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

We weren't there, but in most cases if citizens had just listened in the first place and complied this could of been avoided. But I still think that yelling and screaming at kids wasn't the right way to go about it. Running in the middle of the street to tell the kids to sit down, was a bit overboard. Do you really think that girl needed to be man handled like that, with her face being pushed down that way?

I think city officials are finally taking these things seriously in fear of citizen retaliation. Riots can happen when these things are left unchecked. The officer did get suspended, so he must of overstepped his boundaries.