Texas School Suspends 9 Yr Old For Making Terroristic Threats

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Of all the absurd things I've read, this one lands on the top 10. The fourth grader was suspended for telling another boy that he had a magic ring [which was forged on Mt. Doom] and that he'd make him disappear. Just that.
    Proves the fact that people are getting more and more stupid. And these dumb teachers influence won't rub off on the kids?

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

A 9 year old? Seriously? And he had watched Lord of the Rings? Come on, they have nothing more to do in that school? Let the kids be kids...

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

The hyper vigilant, Nanny State, nonsense is getting pretty bad in this country. In theory it is protective in nature, in practice it is often farcical. Lighten up and let kids be kids from crying out loud.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

For some sort of a more or less real threat... yeah I can understand it. For something that obviously is just part of his imagination, it's completely ridiculous. Sadly, this is what the western world has come to.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

This is so stupid.

Back in my day, we played cowboys & indians, cops & robbers, army, etc, etc.

Most of us boys were learning to responsibly handle and shoot guns while still in elementary school in my neck of the woods.

Nowadays a kid gets kicked out of school, remanded for psych treatment, and taken away from his parents for making a toy gun out of paper or for wanting to play the kinds of games we all played as kids 30-40 years ago.

And principals, teachers, and parents whipped our asses if we got out of line. Now kids are verbally and physically attacking teachers, and teachers lose their jobs if they defend themselves.

This country is going down the shitter fast.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Pretty embarassing. Sadly, this a pretty common occurence in society these days. There seems to be an ongoing effort to neuter boys. You have these liberal school officials who seem to have no common sense. They are hyper sensitive and it is really pathetic.

7. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

How can the teachers think in such a narrow manner. I do not understand why they have to hyper react for anything and everything. I believe that it is quite easy for the teachers to get carried away these days.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Some of these rules are ridiculous. Last year a student was suspended for saying, "bless you" because the school had banned "godly" speaking. Downright, stupid isn't it? How would that affect anyone, even if you were to assume all the student's classmates were irreligious?

9. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

That is the whole world in this generation. You have more people not looking at his or her information carefully. Teachers do not have to be smart they just get a degree and just teach which is not surprising.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Pretty much the same games I played, we loved to be police, robbers, indians or cowboys and that didn't made criminals out of us, what a big nonsense here. The more they want to control them, the worse.