Texas School Suspends 9 Yr Old For Making Terroristic Threats

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Attaboy...that boy is my hero...i have actually been wishing i acquire some powers...like am serious right now :)...it would be amazing, just to diminish some enemy somewhere ;)...anyway, i don't see how this is a terrorist threat...why are people...going stupid?! {just because lil wayne says we go stupid doesn't mean we take it seriously...its just a song}...geez!

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

But had that student been a Muslim speaking about anything to do with Allah or Mohamed or anything pertaining to the Islamic faith, no one in any position of authority at that school would have dared say a thing to the student, or else all hell would have broken loose. There's a huge double standard now.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

You wouldn't believe it, Gelsemium. These days teachers would rather not differentiate between what's real and what isn't. Playing Indians and Cowboys would probably for the sake of PC, get a kid suspended. Why, one kid, 5, who merely said "pew, pew" while aiming a gun she'd drawn at a classmate was forced to sign a safety contract.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I too wish I had powers to use against other folks who despise me. People in school are just ridiculous when it comes to words. You cannot even say the word retarded in the classroom or else you'll be in some serious trouble.

5. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I think it is crazy that such things are happening in our society. People should be more careful in the way they think and act. I do not understand how anyone can be so dumb.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I suppose it's because of political correctness and it's getting ridiculous. Same way Jews are accorded special privileges in Germany, after declaring war on terror we [the government, that is] must make Muslims who live amongst us believe that, "we're only after the bad guys, we've go nothing against Islam and Muslims and we'll show them that by . . . "

Equality in the U.S has become an illusion.

7. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

It depends what the rules are in the school, if no one is allowed to talk about Jesus or God in general then it is fair. Maybe the school has a rule where religion should not be discussed period. If the school allows religion to be discussed, then the parents of the 9 year old should sue the school for racism.

8. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

I need some sources for this. It's almost too stupid to be true.

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I think people have become overly-sensitive and too fearful...can we blame them?...i think not...with all that is happening in the world right now...! Still...people need to scrutinize first before making senseless claims over someone...can't anyone joke now?!

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Pretty much, I don't argue that people can be sensitive, but a 9 year old can play and make war jokes like we did when we were kids. And he should be able to do it without being suspended.