The days of $5 per oz. silver

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by FrankieD, Sep 3, 2015.

1. FrankieD

FrankieD Well-Known Member

Anyone here care to reminisce about the days silver was around $5 an ounce! I bought so much silver then, my family thought I was nuts ... although one of my brothers followed suit. I bought Eagles, Canadian Maples, and bars ... not to mention generic rounds. I even put some bucks into liquid silver "share pools." I almost bought bags of 90% silver coins as well, but never got to it. My only regret was not selling when it got to around $50. I haven't looked at silver prices in a while .. wow they've come down!

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I remember as a kid some 35 years ago around 1980 or so when gold suddenly got up to well over $600, which is still a record high when adjusted for inflation. That excitement was perhaps the first thing to ever get me interested in the markets.

3. JoeTneal

JoeTneal Member

I got into silver a couple of years ago when it was around 30-32 dollars and ounce. One of my buddies educated me on silver investing. I was really excited to have learned of this new investment opportunity to me. Since I started buying silver, the price has gone down by about half. I am not worried about that though. I am stacking silver for the long haul, a long term investment. I can see the price of silver skyrocketing in the foreseeable future, especially now that silver is used in all different types of electronics. I think having precious metals in your inventory can only benefit you.