The Definitive List of Reliable Penny Stocks

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by PvtParts, May 6, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Glad to have stumbled upon this informative thread, I'll be keeping my eye on it henceforth... golden nuggets of information within, despite being leery of penny stocks trading, I see we have trustworthy sites :)

2. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I will have to go for VPLM, personally. I find it truly reliable. But trust me, you would come off better if you invested your money somewhere else on the Internet, something that earns you 100x more money, but of course having the rigorous risks. But if you still want to go by penny stocks, you have my recommendation.

3. CarpeNemo

CarpeNemo Well-Known Member

Could you explain to someone that has no prior knowledge of penny stock trading how to get into the market without losing their rump right away? I've heard a lot of bad about penny stocks and haven't seriously considered it in some times as a viable trading method.

If there are any kinds of sure bets, I of course want to get my finger in that pie.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

No such thing as a sure bet with stocks. There's always a certain amount of risk, moreso in general with stocks trading under $1.

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I agree. Penny stocks are notoriously unreliable.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

JR, it's hard for me to find a time where I have disagreed with you.

7. JR Ewing

Great minds think alike I guess? ;)

8. carl12344

carl12344 Member

With penny stocks you really can't tell whats going to happen, basically you just have to have hope

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

So buy randomly and pray? Not exactly my way of doing things but I guess each to his own. :D

10. JR Ewing

At the end of the day, we're all speculators. But penny stocks in general are far more speculative than stocks trading in double digits or higher of companies that are usually far more solid and fundamentally sound.

I knew there was a high probability (not a certainty) that Diamondback Drilling was a winner when I bought it a couple of years ago.

And that Westlake Chemical, LyondellBassell, and Sasol were bargains 4 months ago that would likely go higher fairly quickly - I was right on 2 of them, but bought one about a month and a half early - Sasol cited the big oil bust as a reason they've been a little sluggish in the last few months and had to postpone their expansion. But all 3 are solid, very profitable companies that are still relatively cheap. And I feel very good about their longterm prospects.